𝟎𝟐𝟎

˗ˏˋ༻ʚ♡︎ɞ༺ˎˊ˗
𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐀'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

time seemed to unravel in slow-motion, twyla's eyes widened in stark disbelief, a silent scream etching across her face as her hands instinctively clamped onto her tortured stomach. her jawline tense with agony, as a painful whimper managed to escape her tightly pressed lips.

the ground seemed to shift beneath her as her knees gave way, forcing her to crumble onto all fours. her fingers dug into the gravel below, soil filling her palm, as a cry of pain echoed through the air.

without hesitation, i sank to my knees, my hands instinctively finding their place around twyla's waist as i carefully lowered her onto her side. her frail form curled into a tight ball, her anguished screams echoing throughout the courtyard.

tears cascaded down her face as she clung desperately to her stomach, her agony etched into every line of her trembling body.

my heart throbbed fiercely within the confines of my ribcage. in instances like these, my role as the principal of nevermore academy demanded a calm demeanor amid chaos.

despite my training, an overwhelming panic seized my entire body, and i found myself unable to suppress the urgency in my voice as i call out for assistance.

in mere moments, marilyn thornhill hurriedly emerged from the ballroom, a wave of panic washing over her as she immediately spotted twyla's lifeless form on the floor. without hesitation, she reached for her phone, dialing for an ambulance.

glancing back at twyla, i delicately brushed a strand of her auburn hair away from her face. her eyes, laden with weariness, clung desperately to consciousness.

"hey, it's okay, princess," i whispered softly, leaning in closer to offer reassurance. given the intensity of her pain, i doubted she could hear my words.

regret weighed heavily within me for not insisting on getting twyla to the hospital sooner. her unwavering resistance to modern medicine only intensified my guilt.

the pang in my heart deepened as twyla's eyes rolled back, prompting me to cradle her jawline.her eyes struggled to flutter halfway open again as she battled for breath.

"stay with me, twyla," i urged, my voice carrying a firm command.

the piercing wail of sirens shattered the stillness outside nevermore. hundreds of students flooded out of the ballroom, creating a respectful distance from the unfolding scene yet unable to tear their eyes away, frozen in shock. paramedics streamed into the school with urgency, their presence marking the gravity of the situation.

twyla's trembling lips released a soft whimper, and my gaze shifted upward to three paramedics sprinting in our direction. they swiftly ushered me aside, and with hesitant care, i handed twyla's frail form to a male medic, though my unwavering presence remained by her side.

as the medics sprang into action, lifting twyla onto a stretcher, she cried out in gut-wrenching agony, her fingers desperately gripping mine with the last traces of her strength.

"it's okay, i'm not leaving you," i assured her, my words directed both at twyla and the medics. determined, i signaled my intent to join them in the ambulance.

as the medics carried twyla towards the ambulance, another wave of chaos erupted from the crowd of students. i glanced over my shoulder, witnessing bianca forcefully pushing her way through the swarm of people, even brushing past miss thornhill in her urgency to reach us.

she sprinted towards the scene, panic etched across her features as she struggled to catch her breath.

"principal weems, she's not okay," bianca gasped out, slightly hunched over, her hands on her knees.