Chapter 9

Giyuu Tomioka's POV

She walked out of Master's office... With a not-so-satisfied face. Not what we were expecting

"How did it go?" Uzui asked leaning back on the chair

"...I've been asked to go on a mission" a mission? Master never told us about a trial... "I'm joining you..."

"..."

"You what?!"

"I've made up my mind" She kept it short and simple as she walked out of the room

"She's crazy! She worked hard for 9 months just so that she could escape this place!"

"No... She worked hard for 9 months so that she could join us and seek revenge..." I correct Obanai... I noticed how she had been working extra hard for nine months, she no longer wanted freedom... It was no longer her goal...

"But it's too dangerous..."

"Don't be stupid Mitsuri, we all are in this after all"

"Don't call her that, three wife-d freaks"

                              ∆•~•∆

Shinobi Koch's POV

Later that evening, I went to the mall to get a few things for myself, I didn't feel like it but a part of me wanted to... Kanae and the others wouldn't want me to be depressed over their deaths... But they would neither be me taking part in such a dangerous activity...

It was quite refreshing to go to the mall alone with no one spying on you... It's been nine months since I've got privacy, I would always have one of the gang members with me to keep me 'safe'

I finally got into Starbucks to get a drink, I gave my order and sat down, took out my phone and started scrolling until I was disturbed when someone tapped my shoulders...

"May I help-"

"Nine months sweetheart, aren't you done with the break?" He smirked as he sat down opposite to me... How could I forget... "Where were you?"

"None of your business"

"Thought you were kidnapped" he chuckled, I was kidnapped... Twice... "Anyways, how have you been love?"

"...why do you care?"

"Because you're my girlfriend"

"I wanna break up with you"

He smirked as he leaned back on his chair

"And who are you to decide that? You have no rights"

"I don't have time to waste on you, Kaito."

"You don't have time to waste on me but you do have time for that emo asshole?"

...emo asshole..? Wait... Tomioka...?

"You come here monthly with that bastard"

"Yes, and?"

"You're cheating on me!"

"I was never yours, to begin with," I stood up and walked to the counter, took my order and walked out

I felt Kaito grab my wrist and pull me back at him

"Who gave you the permission to walk away like that?"

"She doesn't need anyone's permission to walk away from an asshole like you" I turned are at the family voice... Of course, he was spying on me the whole time... "Get your hands off her"

"Oh look who is here, I'm her boyfriend and I have the right to order her around"

"I don't remember boyfriends having such privileges so I'll ask you once more. Get your hands off her"

I felt Kaito's grip slowly decrease as he moved back

"Thank you, are you done shopping?" Tomioka turned to me and I nodded. "We're going back home"

                                ∆•~•∆

"Who the fuck was he?!" He pulled me out of the mall and pushed me to the wall... Why is he so damn angry??

"My ex"

"Why is he still behind you?!" he got closer to me, unintentionally it seems...

"I don't know, ask him"

"Listen to me Shinobu Kocho, stay away from him"

His face was already turning red and it seemed like... He was... Jealous...

"Or what?"

"Final warning, if I see you with him again, I'll break his bones"

My mind drifted back to the time when I liked him... When I first saw him... He even stole my first kiss and forgot it like it was nothing...

But it doesn't matter anymore... I can't waste time on loving the wrong guy, I can't waste time on anyone... I have a few people to kill...

But it wouldn't hurt to play around with him... Right?

"Why do you care so much? Aren't you supposed to hate me?"

"And I still do hate you, but I don't want him to be with you"

"Keep your shit off my business, I'm developing feelings for him and I'm gonna go back to him"

The worst lie I could ever come up with... I turned my gaze to him and saw his face burning with anger, just a few more pushes and who knows what would happen

"Don't shit with me Kocho"

I pushed him aside and walked past him, it did look pretty cute to see him jealous... But was he jealous? Or did he just look out for me..?