Tallulah Meets The Di Angelo Siblings

The Lotus Hotel and Casino was the most magical place Tallulah had ever been in. It was busy with thousands of people, yet seemed not to be crowded at all. There was loud music playing, and she identified the song as Poker Face by Katie Perry.

The group stood in the lobby and stared in awe of the sheer amount of games and rides in the building. There were snack bars everywhere, and a restaurant area with gleaming table tops and waiters in old fashioned outfits with roller skates on.

Annabeth led the way to the front desk where they could check in. "Hey!" a bellhop said. The man wore a white-and-yellow Hawaiian shirt with lotus designs, shorts, and flip-flops. He looked like he belonged on a beach, not in Las Vegas. "Welcome to the Lotus Casino. Here's your room key." "Umm but-" Percy started to say. "No, no," the man interrupted laughing.

"The bill's taken care of. No extra charges, no tips. Just go on up to the top floor, room 4001. If you need anything, like extra bubbles for the hot tub, or skeet targets for the shooting range, or whatever, just call the front desk. Here are your LotusCash cards. They work in the restaurants and on all the games and rides." He handed us each a green plastic credit card.

Tallulah's mouth dropped open in shock. Unlimited money? Oh the things she could buy, the girl thought wistfully. Percy took the card and said, "How much is on here?" His eyebrows knit together. "What do you mean?" "I mean, when does it run out of cash?" He laughed. "Oh, you're making a joke. Hey, that's cool. Enjoy your stay."

They walked over to the elevator. "Since that thing has unlimited money, could we find an animal shelter so that I can get a puppy or ten?" Tallulah asked. "As much as I want to say yes, we can't do that." Annabeth told her. Tallulah nodded in understanding.

They got up to their rooms. Annabeth and Tallulah shared one and the boys shared one. The rooms were just as elegant as the lobby. They were conjoined by a door that connected their sitting areas.

Annabeth and Grover showered first, then Tallulah and Percy. When Tallulah came out Grover and Annabeth sat on the couch in the small TV area. Tallulah threw the blue bag away before she went to sit down. The girl sat in the only open chair in the room.

The three were watching National Geographic when Percy walked in. "All those stations," Percy told them, "and you turn on National Geographic. Are you insane?" "Yes," Tallulah said, "We already established this."

The boys just ignored her but Annabeth nodded along to her statement. "That's an interesting choice." Percy said as he sat down on the ground in front of Tallulah's chair.

She wrapped her arms around his shoulders and, feeling tall, rested her chin on the top of his head. His dark curls tickled her face. She closed her eyes and relished in the fact that he was there, breathing and not solid gold. "I feel good," Grover said. "I love this place." The wings on his shoes sprung to life and started to flutter.

"So what now?" Annabeth asked. "Sleep?" "Normally I would say yes but for some reason it feels like I've drank a bunch of red bulls." Tallulah said to the group.

Grover and Percy looked at each other and grinned a mischievous grin. They both held up their green plastic LotusCash cards. "Play time," Percy said.

__

Tallulah had never had this much fun in her entire 12 years of living. She had come to the conclusion that she could be considered an adrenaline junkie, although she would not do the roller coaster that dropped straight down.

Tallulah scanned the area and came across Grover. The two of them played a dancing game, and they both sucked but just laughed through the whole thing.