The Day She Meets Him

As soon as Tallulah heard the bustle of camp the next morning she sprang out of her bed. She was careful not to wake the other children of Demeter who were sleeping soundly in their beds. She heard her sister Katie toss and turn for a minute before she went still.

Tallulah went to her closet and grabbed a camp shirt. She put on a pair of ripped blue jeans. Then she put on a pair of fuzzy socks and her dirty green converse.

Tallulah went outside and looked around. It was a cloudy day and it looked like it was about to rain. 'That's weird', she thought. 'It never rains at camp.'

Tallulah quickly remembered what she was doing outside at 7 in the morning, and that was to see the mysterious boy. Tallulah walked to the Big House. When she walked in she came face to face with the one and only Annabeth Chase.

Tallulah wouldn't consider Annabeth her friend, but they didn't dislike each other either. They saw each other occasionally but never felt the need for small talk. Tallulah respects Annabeth, more than anyone at camp. The two people she respects the most was Clarisse and Annabeth.

"Hey Tallulah. What are you doing here?" Annabeth asked. "Well considering I dragged this boy into camp I figured I should properly meet him." Tallulah deadpanned. Annabeth gave a small smile and said, "Yeah you're probably right."

Annabeth led Tallulah through the big house. The two girls slowly made their way to the infirmary. Annabeth opened the door and together the two walked through.

Grover was sitting beside the bed, head in his hands. She could tell he was stressed. The Satyr picked at the small horns on his head with anxiety. "Grover." Tallulah said softly to get his attention. Grover looked up at her with tears in his eyes. "Hey Lulu," He said with a whisper.

Tallulah rushed over to her friend, who was more like a brother. Tallulah was Grover's anchor, and vice versa. 

She wrapped her arms around the satyrs waist. Grover melted into the hug, relieved she was there. "Oh Lulu, it was horrible. I failed." He cried into her shoulder. His self loathing wrapped around the two of them like a blanket. In the back of Tallulah's mind she thought, 'Why can i feel his feelings?' 

Tallulah pulled back from the hug appalled. "Grover, you did not fail. You got the boy here safely. That was your mission." she said. All Grover did was cry softly.

Annabeth, still standing in the doorway, sneezed. Tallulah and Grover looked at her and she smiled sheepishly. "Sorry," she said, "I couldn't help it." Tallulah laughed and told her it's ok.  

It was about an hour later when Grover had fully stopped crying. It was also about that time when the boy woke up. Tallulah fidgeted with her ring. If she was being honest he was nervous to meet the boy whose life she saved. Sure it was silly but she was a people pleaser to her core. She couldn't help it.

The boy coughed and slowly sat up. Grover noticed first and said, "Woah, be careful!" Grover ran over to the bedside. He took the drink that was sitting on the nightstand and put it up to the boy's lips.

After he had finished it was when he noticed Tallulah and Annabeth. He didn't say anything at first. All of a sudden he looked at Tallulah and said, "You were the girl who carried me to camp." It wasn't a question, it was a fact. He recognized her eyes. They were the color of wheat. They were like pure gold.

"Yeah." she said slowly. "I figured since I saved you I should come and at least get your name." Tallulah gave him a small smile. "My name is Percy Jackson." the boy said. As soon as the words left his mouth Tallulah knew everything was about to change, maybe for better, maybe for worse. 

Hopefully it was for the better.

Authors note,

sorry the chapters are so short!