Chapter 8- Tragedy strikes

• Dedicated to To the most amazing person!!

"Enjolras you can't let this continue! You just lost your best friend. Are you willing to loose more?" Joleigh lectured from the tavern. "Please Joleigh I thought you changed your mind about the revolution. I thought you had faith in us." he tried to reach out to her but she backed away. "I did until I lost my best friend." She sighed and left the tavern. "I'm taking Gav home." She called behind her. She walked over to Améile who was deep in conversation with Courfeyrac. "Amé, I'll take Gav home it's not safe for him here." She said taking Gavourache from her lap. "Thank you Joleigh." Joleigh gave a small nod and took off down the alley carrying the small bundle. "Maybe you should go to, Joleigh's right it's too dangerous here." She shook her head and softly planted a kiss on his forehead. "I won't loose anyone else, especially not you." He smiled softly. "I'm going to see if there's anything else to be done." He kissed her one last time and walked into the tavern leaving Améile to her thoughts.

"May I join you?" Grantaire asked politely. "Of course!" he sat next to her. "I'm sorry about Ponine." She leaned onto his back into his arms. "She's in a better place now." She took the bottle from him and took a long sip from it. "What do you think will happen tomorrow?" she took a deep breath and looked up at the night. "We make history."

***

"Wake-up darling." Courferyrac leaned over Améile's sleeping body. Courfeyrac planted a kiss on her lips. "Améile. Come on." She slowly opened her eyes. "Morning." She looked around the barricade. "Where is everyone?" Courfeyrac let out a long sigh. "We were abandoned by those who are afraid." The students were gathered by the barricade accompanied by the mysterious volunteer. "We're running out of ammunition." Joly emerged from the tavern carrying the last barrel of ammunition. "We need someone to go beyond the barricade." Enjolras said. Améile walked over to the group followed closely by Courfeyrac. "I'll go! They wouldn't notice me." Améile said, all eyes turned on her. "No way." Courfeyrac and Grantaire said in unison. Courfeyrac glared at him in suspicion. 'Keep thinking we need to be our guard.' The boys broke off and busied themselves around the barricade as Grantaire and Courfeyrac walked into the tavern.

'Do you like Améile?' Courfeyrac walked close to him. Grantaire stared at him for awhile and then burst into laughter. Courfeyrac looked at him with a puzzled expression. 'Couf, Améile is like a sister to me! Nothing more, nothing less.' He patted his shoulder and walked out of the tavern leaving Courfeyrac thinking. 'Hello love.' Améile wrapped her arms around him from behind and kissed his neck. 'I think it's time for you to go home.' He turned around to face her and held her hand. 'No I'm not leaving!'She said shaking her head. 'Améile this isn't a game anymore please...' She smashed her lips against his, cutting him short. They pulled away, pressing their foreheads together. 'Im not leaving you.' She whispered. 'I love you.' He whispered pecking her on the lips I once more. 'I love y...' There was a sudden coming from the barricade.

'Gavourahe get back!' Combeferre yelled. Améile's eyes widened in panic. Courfeyrac's expression seemed to mirror hers. She ran out and climbed up the barricade to see Gavourache collecting an ammunition pouch. 'Gav! STOP!' Améile shouted. He turned around and smiled at her. 'Gav please come back!' Cou

rfeyrac yelled. The soldiers shot a warning shit to the left of him making Améile scream. She climbed down the barricade. 'Stop! That's my brother, that's my brother.' Courfeyrac tried running after her but she was too fast. 'Someone stop her!' He shouted. Just then Marius intercepted. 'Please! Stop that's my brother!' She broke free from Marius' grip and ran to the little passageway. 'So you better run for cover, when the pup grows.....'

'GAVOURACHE!!!'

Authors Note: hey buddies hope you enjoyed that chapter! Who thinks Améile and Grantaire would be the cutest couple if he wasn't gay or she wasn't in love with Courfeyrac! Granéile?? What do you think?! :D sorry for the short chapter btw! Don't worry the next chapter will be long!!!!