Chapter 1- Grian/Mumbo

T/w- Panic attack
W/c-847 (short chapter)
A/n- excuse my appalling upload schedule :)

"GRIANNN!" Grian turned around to see Scar and Mumbo land semi-gracefully at his base.

"Uh huh," He responded, busy trying to build the front of his base- obviously avoiding the back.

"Grian, what are you forgetting?" Mumbo raised an eyebrow. Grian wracked his brain for an answer. He hadn't been sleeping so his memory felt foggy. 

"Uhh. I'm not sure- OH CRAP THE MEETING!" Mumbo let out a small chuckle as Grian ran around, gathering this things and putting back his building resources. "I totally forgot! How'd I forget. How late am I! Is X mad! What-"

"GRIAN RELAX," Mumbo exclaimed loudly over Grian's anxious muttering. He turned to Mumbo, anxiety spread across his face. "No ones mad and your only 10 minutes late. Calm down dude."
Grian nodded, obviously not convinced. Without another word he took off.

As he neared the clearing he spotted Hermits.. lots of hermits. All of a sudden, a flash of black caught his eye. Grian turned his head back, trying to find it. There! Behind that tree is a... figure? Grian blinked, forgetting his was flying.

"GRIAN!" As Grian turned back towards Xisuma' voice he hit a wall.

POV CHANGE: MUMBO

"GRIAN!" Mumbo spotted Grian just as he hit the tree. He dove as fast as his elytra would take him, nearly face planting into the same tree himself. He scrambled to his feet and rushed over to the small figure, unconscious on the ground.

"Grian? Grian get up. Grian can you hear me!" Mumbo turned to the now gathered crowd of hermits. "SCAR? STRESS?" Stress came rushing forward, immediately checking Grian's pulse. Mumbo watched on anxiously, his friend curled up on the ground.

"So..." Stress began.

"SO!????" Mumbo nearly screamed. "Is he okay!?"

"He'll live Mumbo, it's okay," Mumbo didn't notice he was crying until Iskall lead him to a log to sit down. Mumbo breathed shuddering uneven breaths, tears streaming down his face. He was too panicked to notice Scar and Stress carefully picking up Grian to take to Stress' base.

"Breathe Mumbo. In... out... In.... out... Feel better?" Mumbo nodded slightly, tears slowing down. Iskall turned to leave when Mumbo gripped his hand.

"Please don't go."

"Mumbo I-" Iskall got cut off as X started to speak.

"I'm glad to inform you all that Grian has been taken to Stress's base to recover. No need to worry or be anxious over it," Mumbo noticed how Xisuma looked at him in that last line. "So while we're all still here we may as well have that meeting. Let's go." X turned, walking over to a log. It was old, having been one of the first trees chopped down in Season 8. He pushed the hidden button that blended perfectly into the wood. The sound of sicky pistons sounded for a second. Mumbo turned to where he had heard the sound. Where perfect grass had just been a staircase opened up. X turned to the other Hermits. "Coming or not?"

Shakely Mumbo got to his feet, walking next to Iskall down the oddly long staircase. Once they had reached the meeting room they had to find their assigned seats. Mumbo was please to find Grian on his left and Scar on his right. The room was big and square, details such as bookshelves and paintings lined the room. All the hermits sat down. Seeing as Grian and Scar weren't there Impulse was the next seat to his left and Iskall was right. Slowly the Hermits excited and confused chatter died down and Xisuma was able to speak.

"You're probably all wondering why I asked you all here today," He paused as some players murmured an agreement. "As admin I did my usual check of code for the first week of the new season and came across something...odd." The suspense in the room was intense. Despite it being silent Mumbo found the ringing in his ears oddly loud.

"I found something that in short said that there's some glitch of sorts. One that joined  the sever. The coding's corrupted, weird and not something that can be easily fixed. I have tw- an idea of what it could be," Mumbo failed to miss X's slip up. Silence echoed once more as the Hermits waited to see if there was more. "Please report any... weird behaviours or out of place things you see. Any questions?"

"Can we go now-" Bdubs was cut off by Etho covering his mouth. The room erupted in laughter. Mumbo smiled. Maybe things weren't that bad this season after all.

"Yes, Yes you can go now," Xisuma chuckled. Hermits stood up, exiting the meeting room in small, chattering groups

 As Mumbo left he couldn't help but catch the anxious look on Xisuma's face.

*~----------------------------~*

Sorry for how long I took to post this (to all of those 6 people who read my first chapter). It is currently 11:24pm while I write this and I'm hoping I can get the next chapter done too. I have big plans for this book!

Remember constructive criticism is more than welcome.

Drink water, eat food, take any meds you need to and don't forget to "get good lol"