Chapter 4- Mumbo/Grian

T/W-Nothing I don't think :)
W/C-915
A/N- Yes Ik I took a while to upload again ;-; . I decided to sleep at a reasonable time last night cause felt horrible. Thankyou for the 66 reads! Means sm to me. Any suggestions are really welcomed.

After a few days Stress deemed Grian fit to go out.

"I'll let you go hon but no flying. Mumbo," she said, turning to him. "Make sure he doesn't fly... please." He nodded. Grian was practically bouncing off the walls next to him.

"C'MOOOON MUMBOOOO," he screamed out, running out of the room. Mumbo chuckled, following close behind. Grian spun around, a smile on his face.

"Is that a Grian I see?" A voice sounded from behind Mumbo, He turned around to see a Scar. "He's looking a lot better." Mumbo nodded in agreement.

"Hi Scar!" Grian rushed over, flinging himself into Scars' arms for a hug. A laugh escaped Mumbo watching the two. Scar had grabbed G, flinging him around. 

<GoodTimeWithScar> G's out guys
<GoodTimeWithScar> Meet at shopping distract
<Iskall89> Distract XD
<ZombieCleo> Meet you guys there lol
<ImpulseSV> Omw!
<Stressmonster101> Stay safe!

Mumbo grinned at the responses, coaxing Grian away from scar and towards the shopping "distract" as Scar called it. It was a nice day. Warm sun heated the land and a pleasant breeze blew through. Grian walked beside him, practically skipping along. As they reached the water surrounding the Shopping District Mumbo placed down 2 boats- 1 for him and Grian and the other for Scar.

"Race you Scar!" Grian yelled out, pushing Mumbo. "GO MUMBO GO!" He paddled fast and hard, Scar hadn't even gotten his oars out. In the distance he could here Scar.

"OH C'MON GUYS! THAT'S NO FAIR! WHEN I CATCH Up I..." his voice faded into the background, the only sounds left being Grian's laughter and the sloshing of water under the boat. Upon them landing (and waiting for Scar to get there) they began walking up. Out of nowhere Grian yelled in surprise.

"WUAH!" Mumbo turned to see a certain Cleo hugging Grian on the ground. "CLEO STOP TICKLING MEEE!" Cleo was laughing as she continued to tickled Grian. Impulse, Iskall and Xisuma appeared, smiling and obviously trying not to laugh at the attempted pout on Grian's face.

"Looks like G's got some energy back," Impulse was now giggling. Mumbo nodded in agreement.

"Unfortunately he can't fly until Stress gives him the go ahead. I'm sure he's absolutely crushed by it but he was so desperate to get out that I'm sure he doesn't mind at the moment," Xisuma sent a a sympathetic look Grian's way. The Hermit was now chasing Cleo around in a game of tag. "Well at least he looks fine," Mumbo thought happily.

POV CHANGE: GRIAN

Grian in fact, was not fine. Throughout the about week he was in Stress' care he had many dreams... disturbing dreams. Most resulted in him waking up having a panic attack or just sobbing. The only issue was he never remember what exactly happened in those dreams to make them so disturbing. All he knew was that it was their doing.. the Watchers doing.

As he chased Cleo around he felt a bit more light hearted and happy, like everything may be ok. After they both agreed on a truce they ran back to the group.

"-e's fine.." Iskall's voice trailed off as the other 2 entered. A silence followed, no one daring to break it until Scar said,

"Shall we go check on The Button?" Grian nodded, about to fly off when Mumbo stopped him.

"Grian, you heard what Stress said. No flying. It really won't help your wings heal Birdie," Mumbo must've seen his face fall for just a moment because he went straight over to Grian and hugged him. "But I can do this."

"Do whaAT!" Grian screamed as Mumbo grabbed him tighter, activated his elytra and boosted off the ground. His scream quickly turned into a squeal of happiness.  They dipped and twirled through the air, almost as if Grian was flying himself. Carefully Mumbo landed in the swirling, purple Nether portal. Even as they teleported Mumbo didn't let go, not even the slightest bit. Grian smiled to himself as Mumbo took off again. Behind them the others were following in close pursuit. Landing again with the same caution, Mumbo finally put him down. 

"Couldn't have, hm I dunno. WAITED for us!" Iskall complained. X laughed, landing beside him. 

"Of course they wouldn't," Impulse smiled, holding back laughter at Iskall's anger and frustration. "Now where's the button at on the scale?" They all looked up, to their surprise it was sitting at orange, no one had pressed it.

"Should we?" Cleo asked quietly. Mumbo shrugged.

"WAIT I'M HEERREAHSHGH!" Scar landed nearly face first on the bedrock roof of the Nether. Grian burst out laughing at Scar's entrance. Once they had all finished laughing Mumbo finally responded.

"I suppose so." After a minute of arguing over who would press the button they finally decided that Cleo should.

"You guys sure? Like I feel bad if someone else hasn't gotten the orange one yet," Xisuma assured her that it was all okay by them. Smiling, Cleo went over to The Button, pausing for a moment. "Let's go!" She pressed The Button and Grian's world seemed to explode.

A/N- Cliffhangerrrrrrr! Hey sorry for not posting yesterday. Needed sleep... and so do you lovelies. I've got a LOT of assessment tasks coming up so I might (MIGHT) not post as often. Thanks for all the reads and remember
Eat, drink, sleep and take any meds you need to. Take care of yourself!
-Shadow