Chapter 5- Grian/Xisuma

T/W- Nothing (lemme know if there is)
W/C-1086 
A/N-Sorry for late uploads ;-;. More details bottom of chapter.

All he could hear was ringing.

Loud, ear piercing ringing. He clamped his hands over his ears. His senses were slowly coming back to him. Grian realised his eyes were squeezed shut. Ever so slowly he opened his eyes. Grian check himself for injuries mentally. "Legs? Fine. Body? Fine. Arms? Fine. Wings? Still hurt but nothing new." he seemed relatively fine. He felt someone covering him. Turning he saw Mumbo then Scar and too his surprise Scar was using... Magic?

Someone was yelling in the distance, multiple people. Grian blink, the ringing in his ears turning more subtle with the passing time. He was pulled to his feet, it took him a while to register that it was Mumbo.

"-re you okay G?!" his voice came into focus and Grian nodded. He looked around to see the others getting helped up. Scar had stopped whatever magic he was doing and fallen to the ground, exhausted. He watched as Jevin rushed over to help him to at least a sitting position.

"Scar, buddy, you okay?" Scar nodded breathlessly in reply, confirming his safety.

Xisuma and Impulse were standing far back enough to be relatively unharmed. Iskall was unlucky. He had been closest to the explosion... wait what had exploded. Soon it registered in Grian's head. The Button had exploded. Iskall was lying unconscious on the ground, rubble have covering his body.  Impulse rushed forward, clearing the rubble off the Swedish man. Quickly yet gently, Impulse carried him away back to where X and him had been standing.

"IS EVERYONE OKAY!?" X's voice rang out across the Nether roof. "Mumbo?"

"Here! Grian's here too!" He called back.

"SCAR?!"

"He's here!" Jevin called back, finally having got Scar to stand.

"Impulse is with me and so is Iskall... WHERE'S CLEO!"

Grian's breath faulted. Swiftly with a light push of his wings (which still hurt) he was over to the demolished button. He dug through the rubble, trying to find anything at all. He was trying to stay positive he'd find her until he picked up a rock.. a rock with that symbol on it...

The Watcher symbol.

POV CHANGE: XISUMA

X watched as Grian stopped digging. Slowly he approached the Avian, cautiously crouching next to him. His breath hitched as he spotted what was in Grian's hand. The rock around the size of the palm of Grian's hand was emitting a purple hue around the engraved symbol or the Watchers.

He stared at the rock for a moment before realising Grian was breathing irregularly, his chest shaking with every breath. Xisuma moved his hand slowly and smoothly towards the rock, softly gripping it in his hand.

"Grian I'm going to need to take that," the rest of the group that was able to had run over, digging through the rubble and yelling out Cleo's name over and over again. Grian slowly nodded, releasing his tight grip on the rock. X rolled it over in his hands, examining the rocks' other side. To his surprise he found an inscription. "Guys! I found something!" Everyone turned to look at him as he read out the inscriptions:

𝙹ꖎ↸ᒷリ ᓭ⍑╎リᒷ, ∴⍑╎ᓭ!¡ᒷ∷ᓭ ꖎ╎ᒷ,

⍑╎↸↸ᒷリ ⎓∷𝙹ᒲ 𝙹⚍∷ ᓭᒷᒷ╎リ⊣ ᒷ||ᒷᓭ.

𝙹ʖʖ╎リᓭ ⊣ꖎ╎ᓭℸ ̣ ᒷリ, ᓭ𝙹𝙹リ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ↸╎ᒷ,

ꖌ╎ꖎꖎ╎リ⊣ 𝙹⎓⎓ ℸ ̣ ⍑𝙹ᓭᒷ ∴⍑𝙹 ꖎ╎ᓭℸ ̣ ᒷリ.

リ╎ℸ ̣ ╎ᔑꖎ ꖎ𝙹𝙹ꖌᓭ, !¡∷ᒷᓭᒷリℸ ̣ ᒷ↸ ʖ𝙹𝙹ꖌᓭ,

∴ᒷ ∴╎ꖎꖎ ᓭᒷᔑ∷ᓵ⍑ ╎リ ᒷ⍊ᒷ∷|| リ𝙹𝙹ꖌ.

∷ᓭ𝙹リ ꖎ𝙹∷ᒷ, ↸ᒷᔑ↸ ᓵ𝙹∷ᒷ,

ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ⍑ᒷ∷ᒲ╎ℸ ̣ ᓭ ᓭ⍑ᔑꖎꖎ ʖᒷ リ𝙹 ᒲ𝙹∷ᒷ

𝙹∴ ⊣╎⍊ᒷ ⚍ᓭ ⍑╎ᒲ, ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ 𝙹リꖎ|| 𝙹リᒷ,

ʖ∷╎リ⊣ ⚍ᓭ ⍑╎ᒲ 𝙹∷ 𝙹⚍∷ ∴╎ꖎꖎ ʖᒷ ↸𝙹リᒷ.

"Excuse me WHAT?" X heard Mumbo ask behind him. "What the hell did you say?"

Xisuma blinked slowly. "It's the Galactic alphabet-" Weird looks go shot around the nether roof. "The enchanting table language?" Realisation reached the Hermits faces.

"But what does it... mean?" Impulse asked cautiously. Xisuma shook his head. "Oh god how do I tell them I could read that but I have no clue what I just read. I can't tell them who this is from.. it'll only end badly."

"Well... the thing is, I have absolutely no clue what it means. I could only read it thanks to admin powers..." X's voice trailed off as he fidgeted nervously. "I-I can't translate it with my translator either."

Xisuma heard a sigh behind him. He turned to see a disappointed look on Jevins' face, the man shot him a look that X couldn't quite work out the meaning of. 

"Hey X-" Mumbo started. "Can't Iskall read Galactic? I seem to remembering him mentioning that before." Xisuma nodded excitedly. The Hermits around him began chattering before Impulse yelled out.

"X I FOUND ANOTHER!" Xisuma bolted over to where another rock had a purple glowing hue, almost hypnotising. He carefully took it from Impulse to read out:

C𝙹ᒲᒷ ᔑリ↸ ⎓╎リ↸ ||𝙹⚍∷ ᒲ╎ᓭᓭ╎リ⊣ ⎓∷╎ᒷリ↸, ⍑╎↸╎リ⊣ ╎リ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ↸ᒷ!¡ℸ ̣ ⍑ᓭ リᒷᔑ∷╎リ⊣ ||𝙹⚍∷ ᒷリ↸,

l╎ᓭℸ ̣ ᒷリ ∴ᒷ ↸𝙹 リ𝙹ℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 !¡ꖎᒷᔑᓭ, ᓭᒷリ↸╎リ⊣ 𝙹リꖎ|| ⎓∷ᒷᒷ⨅╎リ⊣ ʖ∷ᒷᒷ⨅ᒷ

eリℸ ̣ ᒷ∷ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ↸ᔑ∷ꖌ ᔑリ↸ ᓭ∴╎∷ꖎᒷ↸ ↸ᒷ!¡ℸ ̣ ⍑ᓭ, ╎⎓ ||𝙹⚍ ᓵᔑꖎꖎ ||𝙹⚍∷ᓭᒷꖎ⍊ᒷᓭ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ʖᒷᓭℸ ̣ 𝙹⎓ ⎓∷╎ᒷリ↸ᓭ.

o!¡ᒷリ ᒷ||ᒷᓭ ∴ᒷ ∴ᔑℸ ̣ ᓵ⍑ ╎リ ᓭ╎ꖎᒷリᓵᒷ, ᓵ𝙹ᒲᒷ ||𝙹⚍ ᒲᔑ|| ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ||𝙹⚍∷ 𝙹∴リ ᒷ ̇/!¡ᒷリᓭᒷ.

Still unable to translate, X turned away in disappointment. Scar was now crouched next to the still out Iskall, trying to view the situation. A sudden realisation struck him. Grian hadn't said out word this entire time. Doing a quick spin Xisuma located Grian who was currently being held close by an anxious Mumbo. "Hey G?"

Grian turned, silent tears rolled down his distressed face. He was trembling and seemingly having a panic attack. "No...I-I can't read that. I-I-" He broke off, turning back into Mumbo's hug. Xisuma looked at him sympathetically, turning to the group of seemingly distressed hermits, too concerned with themselves to worry about Grian and Mumbo.

"Well what are you all waiting for, let's go back to the Overworld. I expect you all to take care of yourselves. Cleo is gone. She's not here so give-give up search," As much as it pained him to say it, they had to leave.

Everyone filtered through the portal until it was just Xisuma left. As he flickered between worlds a symbol flashed...the symbol.

A/N- IM SO SORRY FOR LATE UPLOAD. Schools getting a lot and I didn't have time to post. Seeing as I post late at night I can only post if I'm not asleep. Been in PAIN for the past week so lots of sleep. Well hope yall like this chapter. Lots of writing blanks during it so sorry for any badly written sections.
EDIT: Hey so I changed a couple things that I realise makes more sense to do now.

remember to eat, drink, sleep and take any needed meds. Love yall

-Shadow.