Chapter 3- Mumbo/ Grian/ Stress

T/W- Vomiting, crying
W/C-1029
A/N- 33 views! That means a lot!

"Hey G," Mumbo smiled at him softly, approaching the bed Grian was lying on. Upon closer inspection, Mumbo notice how bad Grian looked. Not only did his wing look awful and dirty, the Avian's shoulder was bruised, bags sat under his eyes and he looked ill. "Grian you absolute spoon," Thought Mumbo, sitting carefully next to Grian on the bed. Despite looking exhausted, Grian's eyes shone with happiness. "How's my Birdie doing?"

"Not bad," Grian shrugged. Mumbo, unable to contain himself, leant forward, wrapping Grian in a gentle, protective hug. He felt G sink into the hug. "I'm so happy you're here."

Mumbo felt extremely protective of Grian. When Grian had joined the server in Season 6 he had been a  shy timid person. Avoiding people at all costs, essentially having a panic attack whenever someone other than Xisuma tried to talk to him. It took Mumbo delivering food and resources for weeks before one day Grian met him at the door...

Flashback

 Mumbo sighed, placing down a chest full of food, resources, blocks (Mumbo had worked out Grian liked building by the look of his Hobbit Hole base), and his usual note. As he turned to leave he heard the door open. Slowly he turned to see a small person, parrot wings tucked behind him. His hair was in a mess but didn't look bad. Mumbo smiled softly. "Hi Grian."

"H-hi." Grian stuttered. "Mumbo right?" Mumbo nodded kindly. "Thankyou for-for the food and stuff. Means a lot..." He looked as though he was gonna say more so Mumbo continued the conversation.

"I live just a five minute walk from here in that-" Mumbo pointed, "direction. If you need anything, anything at all, feel free to come around and ask for it. Enjoy your day Gri." Mumbo turned and walked towards his house, happy he got Grian to speak to him.

POV- Grian (Still flashback)

As he watched Mumbo walk away, a small smile formed on Grian's face. He couldn't believe how kind and welcoming Mumbo was.  Despite being really tall and (no offense) terrifying to him, he was extremely nice and kind.

"Gri..." He tested the nickname on his tongue. He liked it. Collecting the gifts he turned around and headed into his nicely decorated Hobbit Hole. He knew he would like Mumbo.

As time passed the two grew closer. In fact, Grian trusted him so much to the point where he connected their bases with a minecart track. They sent each other mail (junk and what-not) to each other. Mumbo introduced him to more Hermits and slowly Grian came out from his shell, showing his fun energetic nature. Pulling funny pranks on his now friends and hanging out with them constantly.

All the other Hermits loved Grian. He was good natured and such a sweetheart. Grian was invited to many events around the server, one of his favourites being "Hermit Challenges". And so began "get good lol" and stealing everyone's front doors. Life was going great for Grian...until a dream.

The Watcher had entered his dream, somehow managing to locate Grian but not properly access him. He had screamed and hit Grian for leaving. After what seemed like an eternity he awoke, only to find the injuries from his dream were real. It happened again and again to the point that Grian just... didn't sleep. He felt horrible and sick but it was the only way.

He distracted himself by starting a big project- his mansion. He spent all day and night on it, sleeping for all of an average of an hour a day. He slowly adapted to the amount of sleep he was getting, not 100% but functioning. Sleep just wasn't good...

Flashback over! POV- Stress

Grian was happily hugging Mumbo while she and Mumbo talked.

"Mumbo he's fine," Stress reassured him. "He'll heal and be flying around in no time." Mumbo nodded, reaching into his bag to reveal 3 freshly brewed regen potions.

"Will this help?" He asked anxiously, Stress took a good look at the potions, taking out a tiny spoon and testing each out. She nodded with approval.

"I'll save these for later. For now I have this bottle to finish," She took a large spoon out, scooping out the liquid and bringing it over to Grian. "Hey G, can you take this hun?" Grian nodded, drinking it up with no complaint. Mumbo and Stress continued to talk. Stress thought it was sweet how protective Mumbo is of Grian.

"S-Stress..?" Grian mumbled. He sounded panicky.

"What's wrong lov?" Grian was sweating lots, his eyes unfocused.

"I-I don't feel so..." He threw up, panting and gripping his stomach in pain. Stress rushed over.

"Grian? Grian!" Mumbo was lightly shaking the small Hermit. Panic shone in the redstoner's gaze. Grian was twitching slightly, moaning in pain, now curled in a tight ball.

"It hurts!!!" G cried out, tears streaming down his sweaty face. Stress looked him up and down, unsure of what to do. Why would this be happening. Looks almost like he's been poisoned-

"I know, I know hun however I need to give you this-" Stress handed him a tiny spoon. He gulped it down, immediately gagging and throwing up. Mumbo has moved out the way for Stress to work. She rubbed her hand in a circle on Grian's back. His vomiting eased up. He looked like he was still in pain but it was a lot more manageable . "There you go Gri. You're doing so well."

Grian was obviously done puking, lying back panting. "Can- can I sleep?" Stress nodded in response. G immediately closed his eyes and slept.

"So what WAS that?" Mumbo's voice trembled.

"Someone poisoned the potion I gave him," She felt so guilty. She should've checked  it first. All of a sudden Mumbo's arms were around her. 

"Don't worry Stress. It's not your fault." Silent tears fell down her face but she wiped them, praying Mumbo didn't see.

She had some suspicions on who, what and why but to summarise in a short sentence?

That corrupted code...

A/N- Ty for the reads guys! Excuse any spelling mistakes. It's currently 12:30 am ;-;

SLEEP AUSSIES. DONT DO A ME ;p

Remember- Eat, sleep, drink water, and take any needed meds! Luv u guys

ENJOY (P.S i didnt proof read it)

-Shadow