Chapter 8- Grian

T/W- nope :D
W/C- 826
A/N- sorry for the lack of updates. Gonna try and get into it again. Any kind of ideas or criticism is greatly appreciated

"What. The . F-. Sorry. What the void is going on!" Grian looked at the small group of people. "X?"

Xisuma turned to him slowly, looking unsure of himself. He opened his mouth to say something but thought better of it. After a long pause he turned to the others, ignoring Grian for the moment.
"Okay all of you head back to you bases. Fast. Now." He stated firmly.
Impulse bent down, helping False to her feet. She shook slightly as she walked past Grian, started her elytra and took off. Impulse swiftly followed, flying off in the same direction. Mumbo looked nervously between X and Grian before following swiftly.
That left Grian, Xisuma and Etho.

Xisuma turned to Etho. "I said to go home Etho-"

"No. I want to know what just happened. We've lost 2 hermits in 3 days. This. Is. Not. Normal," Etho cut him off. "Anything you're going to say to Grian I want to know too."

Grian glanced at X as he visibly sighed. "Etho I-"

"X anything you're gonna tell me Etho should have a right to know. We're all equals," Grian surprised himself by speaking up.

Xisuma didn't respond. Instead he typed a few commands into his communicator and in a second Etho was gone. He shook he head slightly before turning to Grian. A shot of anxiety pulsed through Grian. No way it was about... it.

"Grian. You know something on this don't you?" His voice wasn't accusing... just firm. "You know who and what? Maybe not quite why but you know something."

"I-I-" Grian struggled to find words. So it was about this. "I don't want to talk about it." He looked away.

"Hermits are going missing. We are talking about it." X crossed his arms. "Grian you can help them. We can do something about it. I know it has something  to do with the Watch-" Xisuma was cut off as Grian swiftly covered his mouth. Ugh I knew I should've stayed home.

"Shut up," he hissed, glancing around. "They're always watching." (Wink wink nudge nudge)

Without a second thought Grian grabbed Xisumas arm and started dragging him towards his base. Wow Grian. Why are we walking when we could damn fly. Go me. Great day this is. He thought. He wasn't 100% sure he was meant to fly yet with his wings but it's fine. Grian jumped, surprised to find his wings working. He flew up and started powering towards his base. The wind rushed around him and he didn't have to look behind him to Xisuma was following.

Once reaching the mansion (with a totally finished back) he landed on the roof, opening a trapdoor and dropping inside. X swiftly followed, landing silently beside him. Without a word Grian continued through a passage and started down a set of stairs. No words were passed, no questions were asked. Only the sound of their feet could be heard. At the bottom of these stairs was a door. Not just any door. This door had a symbol. But Grian would rather ignore it for now. He muttered something under his breath and the door swung open.

"Get in," he said quickly, slipping inside and shutting the door behind Xisuma. The room was small. Probabaly only able to fit 5 Hermits at most in there comfortably. The walls were made of what seemed to be obsidian yet it had a shiny and almost enchanted look to it. In fact, not only were the walls like this, so were the roof and floor. Stuck to one of the glistening walls was a map. But not of the server. Of every server. It looked almost like a galaxy. A table ran down the middle of the room with chairs around it.

"They have less of a chance of seeing us in here. Spells and stuff. Void they were meant to go away! I thought I lost them! I did everything. Everything!-" Grian realised he hadn't taken a breathe yet. He breathed deeply. "What do you need X?" No point in lying now I guess.

"Whats going on? Who, why and all of those questions. And why do I get the feelings you're connected," Xisuma looked expectantly through his mask at Grian.

Grian sighed. "Take a seat," he gestured to a few of the chairs dotted around the room. "Boy do I have a story for you."

———

A/N- HI GUYS! IM BACK. I appreciate all the reads. Doing a bit better mentally than before. A break was needed before. Also writers block
But I'm back and trying to continue this. I had an idea for a Flower Husbands fanfic so you never know I may start one soon.
Opinions and criticism is greatly appreciated as well as ideas for the story. Comments talking about this stuff would really help!
Remember to eat, sleep, drink water, take any needed meds and stay happy and healthy!
-Shadow