Man

"Are you going to get a move on, or are we staying here the whole day?"

I glared at my 7 year old who just shot me a cheeky grin.

"Why do you always sound so angry, Papa? Especially when we are going to go and see Daddy?"

"Sasha, I made it clear. He's not your Daddy. If he is, he wouldn't have run out on us just because you ended up being a girl instead of the boy he wanted."

Sasha just kept quiet and looked down. I sighed. I knew instantly I had said the wrong thing again. Even if I didn't want to. But thinking about my ex made me so mad and having her still adore him so much, and he completely ignoring her pissed the shit out of me.

I kneeled down, caressing her face.

"Look, baby, I'm sorry. But I can't have my daughter, my princess being treated like shit by him weekly. If it's not for the court mandated visits, I wouldn't even send you to see him. You always come back in tears and end up being sad after every visit. Why would I want to willingly keep making you go through that?"

Sasha tried to smile at me but failed. I kissed her softly on her forehead, murmuring my apologies and that we should get a move on if she wanted to go catch that movie with him. She nodded her head excitedly and quickly finished her remaining bites of her breakfast.

I started clearing up whilst she went to change. Despite my bitter relations with him, Sasha absolutely adored her father and always looked forward to the weekly visits. I could hear her scuttling around, mumbling to herself as she put together her little backpack and went to find her favourite pair of shoes.

Just then, the doorbell rang. "Sasha, quick! He's here!" I called out as I went to open the door. Sasha came running down about to yell Daddy excitedly when both of us faced a rather fierce looking guy dressed in a nice suit than my ex.

Who was this guy? I must have clearly said that out loud as Sasha pinched my hand whilst the guy introduced himself.

"Mr Trisanu? I'm Mile Phakphum. I'm Mr Calvin's lawyer."

"Okays. Why are you here? Where's Calvin?"

"I am here to deliver a court order. Mr Calvin has specifically written a legally binding document giving up his visitation rights to see Sasha Trisanu-Jhoom moving forth and does not want to have anything to do with her or you. He has given up visitation rights but will continue paying child support out of goodwill till she turns 12."

"What? He gave up his rights? Does he know what does that mean?!"

"Yes, he knows. He does not wish to be recognised as Sasha's father anymore."

I heard Sasha gasp and she ran away. Shit. I looked at Mile.

"Get lost from here now. I don't fucking care. He should have come to inform us personally. Not send a lawyer. Thats a 7 year old you just shared such triggering news with. Get lost. Get Calvin here within the next hour or I am raising hell."

Before Mile could say anything else, I slammed the door shut on him! And turned around, very clearly aware that I had to go speak to a very distraught 7 year old.

Screw this fucking Calvin.

[A/N: a birthday surprise for PrimKayeCaete. Tadaaaaaaa; hope you will enjoy it!]