Chapter 1

A woman with short blonde hair, dressed like an office lady with a dark green jacket woke up on the bridge of a ship that looked quite futuristic, the woman woke up with a heavy breathing. She sat down on a chair that looked quite comfortable and looked around.

"Huh... Strange... I feel like I was at the harbor earlier... Wait, why am I talking? Why is my voice so feminine?!" The blonde woman looked panicked and tried to stand up. The key word was trying.

The woman immediately fell down and hit her head on one of the tables where the high-ranking officer used to do planning, she groaned in pain before finally using the table that hurt her head to support her body to stand up.

"Okay... Somehow I became a human and none of my crew is here, where is Captain Jamie or Executive Officer Horatio Cortez?!" Said the blonde woman frantically.

"This all makes no sense, is this a follow-up attack from the Directorate? I know that Old Man Mike is right, we should just bomb Beijing back to the stone age." Said the blonde-haired woman irritably.

That's right, this blonde-haired woman was the incarnation of the USS Zumwalt who somehow became a female human.

Zumwalt then tried to find a way out of the ship's bridge or you could say her original 'body'. She managed to get out and saw a very wide view of the sea and the weather was very clear, the air smelled quite humid which is very typical of the Pacific sea, maybe the south?

She saw that the ship was in a combat ready state, she tried to check the magazine of the VLS and AGS, surprisingly she didn't need to look directly because she could somehow access the CCTV cameras inside the VLS and AGS.

"It seems I have full control of my ship, let's give it a try." Zumwalt thought about moving forward and sure enough, she suddenly felt the ship shaking slightly before it finally started moving.

The soft sound of the engine made the blonde woman smile quite widely, she never got tired of hearing the sound of the engine especially after being upgraded by Doctor Vernalise Li, a lecturer from the University of Wisconsin who was recruited by the government through the FBI.

"Hmm access to the Satellite is not possible, meaning that some of my weaponry will have to be recalibrated so that it can be used through my radar only, but reducing the attack range... Maybe I should rely on the AGS, especially since it's pretty much in stock... But the problem is where do I replenish the ammunition." Zumwalt muttered to no one in particular.

Then suddenly she felt a small tap inside her head and she heard a "Ping" sound over and over again, she knew what it meant, something was entering her radar.

"Well let's see who our friend here is... Entering stealth mode." Zumwalt muttered.

Zumwalt's ship increased speed to 15 knots and felt something on the back of her ship.

"Oh? I still have some MQ-8 Fire Scouts, let's fly them now with APKWS." Without her having to do so, Zumwalt could see through the CCTV camera at the back, her hangar door opening on its own and an MQ-8 Fire Scout drone preparing to take off.

"I'd love to question the logic of it all, but I'm a human ship myself, so...." Zumwalt watched as the drone flew close to several nearby objects, but keeping it's range.

According to her radar, the approaching objects were ships because the speed of the objects was relatively slow, so she felt safe enough without an escort. Thinking about escort, she sadly remembered the USS Port Royal that sank along with the USS America a few months ago when they launched Operation to liberate Hawaii from the Directorate.

"If only I hadn't been created with defects, if only I could have been better, perhaps you would have survived until the end of the war... And our government somehow agreed to the status quo ante bellum, how naive to think everything could go back to the way it was before the war." Zumwalt grumbled.