Yokohama

The gymnasium was filled with the echo of screams and equipment clashing.

Atsushi unsheathed his claws and ran towards Akutagawa with a scream and attempted to scratch his eye but he dodged. Akutagawa summoned Rashoumon and the beast went straight for Atsushi. When it got a hold of his leg, he bit it as hard as he could and ripped it off.

The rest of Class 1-A stopped training and was watching with amusement and surprise. The heated fight was something that was often between Midoriya and Bakugou, but they shoved that thought away. They didn't want to think of their disappearance just yet.

One thing Atsushi had learned with going against Akutagawa for training was that although their abilities were opposites, their fighting styles weren't really that different. Atsushi suspected it had something to do with Dazai mentoring both of them, but he hadn't had time to think about it during the fight so he locked it away somewhere in his mind where he would think about it later. He always wondered about Akutagawa and Dazai.

Speak of the devil. "Come on you two, calm down!" Dazai exclaimed, showing apart his arms in welcome. He smiled with his eyes closed. "Why don't you both take a break, yeah?"

Akutagawa nodded intensely while Atsushi just sideeyed him.

Atsushi watched Akutagawa going to Tokoyami, who handed him a water bottle. The bird guy was quiet, but Atsushi could tell that Akutagawa and him got along pretty well together. They both were more cold and dark, and they had similar powers. (Atsushi would never forget the day that he saw Dark Shadow and Rashoumon playing together)

Atsushi went to Kaminari and picked up his water bottle too.

"You did great, man!" Kaminari slapped him in the back and gave him a sparkling smile with a thumbs-up. Atsushi chuckled nervously and thanked him.

"No, seriously bro, you guys fight like crazy!" Kirishima joined in, walking next to Kaminari. "You guys are way out of our league, combat wise. I'm jealous!"

"Oh, no, seriously guys, I'm pretty sure the only reason I'm really focused on fighting him is because of how annoying he is." Atsushi confessed, scratching the back of his head in embarrassment. The two boys laughed, and soon enough Atsushi was giggling too.

"Hey, uh, Atsushi?" Kirishima asked. Atsushi looked at him. "Could you give this to Dazai-kun?" Atsushi was a bit weirded out that he used "kun" instead of "san", but Atsushi then remembered that Dazai was younger now.

Kirishima handed Atsushi Dazai's phone. "I'm pretty sure he dropped it the other day, so I wanted to return it." Kirishima explained.

"Oh, thanks Kiri, I bet Dazai sa- I mean kun would appreciate that. But, not to target you or anything, why are you giving it to me instead of giving it straight to him?" Atsushi asked.

Kiri looked uncomfortable, his eyes looking somewhere else. He gestured for Atsushi to come closer. "No offense to him or anything, but he looks a bit... scary? Intimidating?" Kiri whispered into Atsushi's ear.

"Does he?" Atsushi turned to look at Dazai and realized what they were talking about. The Dazai Atsushi knew in the ADA looked completely normal, if anything more like an idiot. But ever since Teruko changed his age, he looked a lot more... intimidating, like Kiri said. He didn't realize this until Kirishima pointed it out and he properly examined him. His skin was overly wan and his eyes were very dark. Perhaps it was from his Port Mafia days?

"He gives me the creeps..." Kaminari shivered.

Atsushi didn't have enough time to keep talking to Kirishima and Kaminari before Dazai told them to come back and start fighting again. Atsushi said a short goodbye to Kami and Kiri before turning around and going back on the mat.