sixty.

"Hey Jeremiah." Betty Graham was treated to a new character, a new voice, the girl following behind the other two boys as they entered the home. The morale instantly dropped, Betty assuming this was Aunt Julia, but she wasn't quite sure who was standing in the kitchen by her. "Conrad."

"You didn't tell me she was here too." Conrad said, looking to Jeremiah as he spoke.

"It's they. Not she. God, I guess it's been like a decade since I saw you guys. Um, how are you doing since your mom?" The unnamed person in the middle of the room said, Betty not quite being about to piece together who they were.

"It's been rough." Jeremiah crossed his arms over his chest, both of the boys holding deep frowns on their faces.

"Rougher now that our Aunts stealing our house." Conrad shot, Julia turning around to retaliate.

"I'm not stealing anything, Conrad. Like it or not, I get to choose what happens to this house and I choose to put it on the market." There was silence for a moment, Betty stepping forward and approaching who she was assuming was Aunt Julia's child.

"Hi I'm Betty Graham. I live next door." She extended her hand, a smile crossing their face at the site of hers.

"I'm Skye. Nice to meet you." They shook hands, Betty giving a short nod and turning back to move to her spot. Conrad's jaw was clenched, he didn't look pleased by her politeness, especially when they were in the midst of an argument. His expression held frustration, and she could tell some of it was towards her. This whole ordeal wouldn't stop her from being polite. Plus she needed to know who she was supposed to be fighting with.

"You note should get on the road. Beat the traffic back to Boston." Julia attempted to get them to leave, Conrad quick to open his mouth.

"There's no chance. We're staying for the open house." Betty turned her head towards Conrad, unsure of what the plan was hers. She figured she had missed something, perhaps a group discussion. She didn't know what they were going to be doing at this open house.

"Uh, no, no, no. I cant have a bunch of teenagers chasing everybody away. Call your father, because this isn't an Aunt Julia problem." Betty wasn't sure how she felt about the woman speaking, her coldness towards the boys coming from deep within, leading her to reminisce about what Conrad had told her about their aunt all those years ago.

"Except it is. Because you are the problem." Conrad said, taking a few steps towards the counter. Betty frowned, a strange feeling going through her at Conrad's cruelty.

"I don't have time for this." Julia said, putting the dishrag on the counter and leaving the kitchen. Betty leaned back against a chest of drawers, her eyes on the skin of Conrad's back as Belly spoke. Betty hadn't even known she was there.

"Conrad, she's still your family." Belly seemed to recognize his harsh words the same as Betty had, the older girl running a hand over her hair and looking to Skye.

"Then why is she doing this to us?" Conrad asked a good question, that was the missing factor. No one knew why she wanted to sell the house so bad.

"This is hard for her too." Skye said, and Betty could practically see the expression on Conrad's sour face as she watched his back.

"Really? Seems like she's doing this all pretty fucking easily." Conrad said, turning away from the others and walking out of the kitchen. Betty's head turned and she watched him until she couldn't anymore, Skye speaking from where they were leaning against the countertop.