Well, This Went South Fast

"We're gonna do what?"

"We're breaking into UA!" Kanji declared proudly.

Natsuo looked up from his ice themed laptop and gave him a puzzled look. Rinoto scowled at his younger sibling. And Hissy meowed deeply before trotting away.

"Yeah, I agree with the cat. I see, many faults in this plan." Natsuo stated.

"Hear me out! I have little to no information on Shoto outside of what Nat has told me. And we aren't really the ones breaking in, someone else will do it for us!"

The two stopped what they were doing at that.

"What."

"I said-"

"I heard what you said." Natsuo interrupted. "What do you mean-"

A loud buzzer sounded throughout the room. Kanji looked down at his phone before smiling like a Disney villain.

"And so it begins~"

*

"Brother."

"It's ShardBound when on duty Starlight."

"I cannot express this enough: this is a stupid idea!"

ShardBound looked at one of the windows of UA, Snowball standing next to him.

"I hear what you're saying, but keep in mind that I don't care.", he said through the comm unit.

Starlight teleported away before saying,"Fine. Just remember: you've got ten minutes to get in and out with those files. I'll be on standby just in case."

"Are you sure this a good idea?" Snowball asked, looking around for any teachers.

"Hell no. But we're already here, so we might as well, right?" ShardBound replied, before breaking the window.

Snowball groaned into his hands before following after the crystal vigilante. Once inside, ShardBound looked down both sides of the hall, before crystallizing a camera. So far so good.

"Okay, I'll go get Shoto's files. Go down the hall, and take a left, it'll lead you to the security room.", he stated.

"Ha, guess you could say I'm the camera man." Snowball said, checking his flash bombs.

The words left before he could stop himself, ShardBound smiling as he ran down the hallway.

"Wait-"

"Too late! Heard it!"

"Ugh..."

*

Snowball walked down the hallway quietly, freezing over any cameras as he went. His thoughts traveled to his mother as he walked. How would she react to this? Seeing her second son playing vigilante? Given the circumstances, she probably would've approved. Snowball had the slight feeling that her and Kanji would get along.

As he rounded the corner, he stopped in his tracks. Ten feet away from him were three pro heroes. One was quickly identified as Midnight, the second was Present Mic. He remembered the man fondly from his radio show. The last hero was Shoto's teacher: Erasurehead. The three appeared to be in the middle of a conversation when they spotted him.

Erasurehead glared at him before activating his quirk. From what he could remember, it could shut off another person's quirk. So, a quirkless snowball, a microphone, a sleeping aid, and an erasure are all in a hallway. Wanna guess the punchline?

"...NOPE!"

*

This was going better than ShardBound had thought. He had yet to spot the league, and had gotten Shoto's files easily.

"Hey, Shard, have you heard from Snowball? He hasn't answered his comms in a while." Starlight asked.

ShardBound slipped the file inside of his pockets before saying, "Nope. Why do I got the sinking feeling that that's not a good sign?"

Just as he said that, Snowball slid down the hallway, creating a while of ice as he went.

"Hey Snow! I was just about to come get you!"

"RUN!" Snowball said, before surging past him.

ShardBound was about to ask why, before a rather loud "YEET" broke through the ice.

"Why does this always happen?!", he yelled, before rushing after his friend.

Loud footsteps could be heard as the duo ran towards the window they entered through.

"Alright, Snowball, you first! I'll-"

Before he could finish speaking, a loud shout filled their ears. Snowball clutched his ears in pain bed looking down at ShardBound. He stared in horror as his friend writhed on the ground, shaking as his crystal repeatedly blinked over and over again.

Snowball pulled a hand down to his belt before yelling, "COVER YOUR EYES!"

Before any of the heroes had react, a bright light clouded their vision. When they could finally see properly, the duo was gone.

"Damn it...." Erasurehead said.

Nezu would not be pleased.

*

It was so dark. It had been close to midnight when the fighting started. Blast of energy and fire filled the air as two children clutching each other. The roar of the flames was so loud that they couldn't hear their mother's shouting, begging them to run.

"Rinoto, get your brother to safety!", the woman yelled.

The older child clutched his brother before throwing one of his arms over his shoulder. The younger brother looked back at their mother's, only for a swirl of fire to mask her figure.

"MAMA!"

*

"....ji! KANJI!"

Kanji woke up with a start, the gems in his hair turning into spikes as his eyes glowed a faint teal color.

"Whoa, hey! Calm down, you're okay!" Natsuo said, gripping his shoulder.

Kanji looked down at his hands. He was shaking. Before Natsuo could ask if he was okay, Rinoto ran over and held onto him.

"Hey, you're going to be okay. We're going to be okay.", he said, hugging younger brother.

Kanji seemed to space out before choking out a sob. He kept muttering that he was sorry as he wept into his brother's arms. As Natsuo watched the display, he clenched his fist in anger. How could his father do this? At the very least, he could've done something, anything to help ease the pain.

After about ten minutes, Kanji fell asleep. All the crying tired him out. As Rinoto leaned up against the couch, Natsuo brought him a cup of Lavender tea.

"Is he gonna be okay?", he asked.

Rinoto looked down at Kanji before saying, "He will be. He hasn't let out his emotions for a while. This might actually be good for him."

Natsuo stared down at his hands before clenching his fist once more. A new light seemed to burn behind eyes as he turned to Rinoto.

"I'll do it.", he said.

Rinoto gave him a puzzled look before asking, "Do what?"

"I'm going to help you take down Endeavor."