Choosing Sides

The sound of shattered glass filled the nightly air. A crystal shield crashed onto the ground as the one holding it laughed.

"Hahaha! That the best you got?!" Kanji yelled.

Endeavor climbed out the window in his hero suit as he said, "Insulting me in my home was a grave mistake!"

"Oh yeah! Just like you were your parents!"

A blast of flames darted past Kanji as he rushed at the pro hero. A well timed punch sent Endeavor's head to the side, as Kanji sent him into the air with a pillar of teal gemstones.

As the two fought, Shoto, Fuyumi, Rinoto and Natsuo ran out of the house. They all stared in shock as Kanji put up a barrier to block Flashfire Fist.

"We have to stop them!" Shoto yelled.

"Right! I'll call the police, you three try to separate them!" Fuyumi said, running back into the house.

Shoto turned to Rinoto before asking, "What's your quirk?"

"Light Shift! I can teleport, cloak, or shoot bursts of light!" Rinoto answered, forming tonfas with his quirk.

"Good. I'll handle Kanji, can you handle Endeavor?"

"Ha! I eat pro heroes for breakfast!"

As the battle escalated, Kanji raised the ground beneath them, creating a raised platform of glowing crystals to fight on.

"Is this really the best you can do? I expected Biotox to raise better sons!" Endeavor roared.

Kanji created wrist blades as he yelled, "DON'T SPEAK HER FUCKING NAME!"

Before either could move, a glacier of ice split the arena in half. Shoto jumped in front of Kanji, ice begging to coat his arm.

"That's enough! I don't know you, so don't expect me to go easy on you!", he said.

Kanji glared at him as he said,"But I know you quite well. You're my best friend's brother, so I'll do you the honor of making this quick!"

The Crystal quirk user then rushed at the youngest Todoroki, malice coating his every step.

*

Endeavor put up his arms to block another light blast as Rinoto aimed a hand at him.

"Listen, I don't have as much beef with you as Kanji, but that can change quickly!", he yelled.

A rush of heat raced towards him as he teleported to the right of the attack. Rinoto sighed heavily as he shot more "light bullets" at Endeavor.

"Get out of my way! I'm going to handle this myself!", the hero yelled.

"Oh, you mean like how you "handled" Biotox? Hard pass!"

*

Natsuo didn't know what to do. People he cared about were on both sides, but he didn't know which one to fight for. If he fought with his family, he could get Kanji and Rinoto arrested! But if he fought with his friends, he would be betraying his siblings! As his mind battled itself, a small body shook him back to reality.

"Natsuo! Focus!" Fuyumi yelled.

Natsuo looked at his older sister and grimaced. He really didn't want to have to choose sides, especially not in such a tense situation.

"You need to help them!" Fuyumi yelled, this time with more urgency.

"It's not that simple...." Natsuo mumbled, trailing off.

Fuyumi grabbed his face and forced him to meet her gaze.

"I know you don't want to fight, but please. You have to help!", she begged.