𝟬𝟬𝟲. a touch of friendship

chapter six

chapter six.
( a touch of friendship )
S1E8 — save me.

   BALANCING HER GLASS OF wine between her hands, Daphne suspects if she has one more then she'll be bordering on drunk

BALANCING HER GLASS OF wine between her hands, Daphne suspects if she has one more then she'll be bordering on drunk. But she's just so nervous. She hasn't been on a date in God-knows how long and the man in front of her causes her anxiety to shoot through the roof, the fear of saying the wrong thing plaguing her mind.

The hem of Daphne's black dress ruffles against her bare thighs and she somewhat regrets not putting something over her legs as the evening, Seattle breeze alerts shivers to her tawny skin, but she looks pretty. She feels pretty, and Elliot Reynolds makes her feel that way too. Yes — she now knows his surname too, and she doubts she'll forget that any time soon.

She can't quite pinpoint the moment, during their first date ( hopefully the first of many ) and in the short span of time that she's known him, that she feels like he's been missing from her life for years. It's silly, Daphne knows that, and she's trying to live out her enchanted love-story with a man she's just met, but the inkling that he's always been near constantly hits her as they chatter incessantly throughout their date, their food neglected as she invests herself in the conversation.

He too attended Harvard, although on a scholarship, and a few years above Daphne and spent three years in New York as his family partially lived there as his father is an investment lawyer. They reminisce of their favourite spots in the large city, discovering the similar interests they have with one another and actually having gone to some of the same restaurants and hidden gems in the city. It feels perfect. It feels too good to be true. Maybe she should look out for the warning signs, but — he makes her happy. It's a rare feeling these days.

Daphne's had flings and boyfriends before; from a certain green-eyed Avery to a no-strings-attached friends-with-benefits type relationship with the former best friend of Derek, who she's now neglected to contact in the mere weeks she's been in Seattle, and she couldn't forget her first ever boyfriend who broke up with her because he couldn't handle the pressure — whatever that means. They all mean something to her, but she doubts any of them can compare to what she's feeling right now.