𝟬𝟬𝟰. love at first sight (or kiss)

chapter four

chapter four.
( love at first sight (or kiss) )
S1E5 — shake your groove thing.

              THERE'S A SENSE OF FAMILIAL LOVE that comes with the clan of Shepherds in the wide city of New York

              THERE'S A SENSE OF FAMILIAL LOVE that comes with the clan of Shepherds in the wide city of New York. Sixteen and meeting her aunt's prodigies for the first time, Daphne had felt an immediate sense of comfort when she stepped into the three-floor Upper East Side townhouse that doesn't even begin to compare to the home that Daphne had grown up in — and even she had thought that was impressive.

              Although, she may not be a fan of all of them — those sisters of Derek ( apart from Amelia, of course ) aren't Daphne's biggest fans, nor is she of them, really. They're all a little pretentious, but she puts up with them for her aunt's sake. But Derek and Amelia's always been her favourite. Amelia was wild and carefree, and although she's a few years older than Daphne, she always showed her a good time ( Daphne had remained oblivious to Amelia's addictive tendencies — only up until a few years ago. She wishes she had known. It could've changed it all completely, turned their world on its hinges ).

              And now Derek's in Seattle. And it's a reminder of home. When she looks into the cerulean irises of his, she's reminded of running through the hospital Tamara works at, sneaking in on wickedly cool surgeries that one could only dream of witnessing in their lives. She doesn't miss New York as much knowing she has someone that shares similar memories with her.

              She's sat in that god-awful trailer of his, where's spontaneously decided to live for an indefinite amount of time, and for reasons that Daphne just does not know, but she can sort of understand why he likes the feel of it. Isolated, away from the flurry of the main city, and surrounded by the battalion of evergreen trees and the habitats that have found themselves in the nook and crannies of the bark-ridden woods. She sees the appeal. She just thinks he's silly.