𝟬𝟬𝟱. blindly seeking suffering

chapter five

chapter five.
( blindly seeking suffering )
S1E6&7 — if tomorrow never comes / the self-destruct button.

( blindly seeking suffering )S1E6&7 — if tomorrow never comes / the self-destruct button

   OVER-SLEEPING ISN'T AN option when someone is a surgical intern. Daphne knows this. She's been prompt with her awakenings in the mornings, ensuring that she sets multiple alarms so she doesn't sleep through any of them, but her bed makes it so difficult when it's just so comfortable.

   Which is why, on this particular morning, Daphne's slumber passes through every single one of her alarms.

   She eventually awakes, a mere thirty minutes before rounds are due to start, and she's never been more panicked before in her life. Simply because she isn't too fond of handling Bailey's wrath so early in the morning, and also getting on the wrong side of the resident when Daphne's been fighting so hard to get on her good side — a losing battle in her mind. But, one she's determined to overcome.

   Daphne jumps up, darting to the bathroom and hastily refreshing herself because, no matter her lateness, she will not enter her place of work with morning breath and a lack of deodorant. She does have class and that does not equal a poor attempt at hygiene for an early morning routine shift at the hospital.

   Fighting hard to not trip over her jeans as she rapidly pulls them up her legs, Daphne notes that she's the only one that remains in the house — the rest of them have left already. They couldn't've given her a little awakening, reminding her of the irate resident she's working under and the job she's desperate to keep. It leaves a bitter taste in her mouth but Daphne swallows it back, knowing she doesn't have the energy to mull over whether they cared enough to wake her up or not. What's done is done, and Daphne needs to find her keys before Bailey advocates for her resignation due to her poor time management skills.