𝟬𝟬𝟮. an ego, a temper and a wandering eye

chapter two

chapter two.
( an ego, a temper and a wandering eye )
S1E2 — the first cut is the deepest.
cw: mentions of rape / violence.

              THE FLYER ON THE BOARD IN the interns' locker room continuously stole Daphne's attention as she changed into her scrubs

THE FLYER ON THE BOARD IN the interns' locker room continuously stole Daphne's attention as she changed into her scrubs. It was from Meredith and it was a plea for three housemates to fill the vacant rooms in the house she had grown up in. And, given the current state of Daphne's living quarters, she was in desperate need to find someplace more permanent. It seemed like some sort of sign from above and she had already began to prepare how to persuade Meredith to allow her to move in.

She didn't know how pleased Meredith would be with her suggestion, though. They had just met, and, truthfully, they spent enough time with one another in the hospital that sharing a house together might be . . . well, a bit much. Yet, it would save Daphne a lot of money, if she were paying rent for simply one room rather than an entire apartment for herself and her and Meredith got along, a friendship blossoming between them. She prayed her cleanliness, ability to cook and unwillingness to bring randoms into their house at a stupid hour of the night.

However, it seemed that out of their intern group, Daphne wasn't the only one that had taken an interest into Meredith's empty house. George and Izzie had too, and they were much more demanding than Daphne was in their convincing of the Grey woman. The latter questioned probingly, as they walked to meet their resident, Bailey, "Why do you put up posters for roommates if you don't want roommates?"

"I do want roommates!" Meredith insisted, balancing two coffee cups in her hands. "We're together a hundred hours a week, you wanna live together too?"

"It would make sense," Daphne piped up, and Meredith's head swivelled towards her. "We spend so much time together that we know one another, wouldn't that be easier rather than trying to be friends with some strangers?"