home alone

The first class in Jimin's schedule ended, and Jimin went straight to the cafeteria together with Aeri, having their lunch peacefully now until suddenly Jaeho appeared out of nowhere in front of them, asking if he could join.

"Can I?", he asked with his weird, boxy smile.

Jimin and Aeri looked at each other exchanging signals from one another. Should they let him, or shouldn't they? Both expressions were awkward, hesitating to let Jaeho sit with them. But, it would be rude of them to directly reject him, in the end, they just accept it.

"Y-Yeah. Sure", Jimin answered with her low voice and hesitating smile.

"Yeay!", he said happily and rushed towards the empty seat beside Jimin. Aeri and Jimin could only be silent since the situation suddenly became so awkward.

"Hmm... Jaeho, right?", Aeri asked. "Didn't you have friends? To eat with?", Aeri continued with her eyebrows lifted, and later Jaeho lifted his head up, looking at Aeri while smirking. "Of course, I do have them! What kind of nonsense question is that?", he asked back with a chuckle, smiling, but annoying both Jimin and Aeri. He didn't even hesitate to enjoy his food despite the tension.

*****

Not far away from Jimin, there was Minjeong, standing as she leaned her back on the wall, holding her arm together in front of her chest. Wearing her black cap, black leather jacket, and denim jeans, Minjeong thought she just wanted to walk through the cafeteria without having much problem.

But then, she saw Jimin. She saw the Japanese too, and Minjeong knew that she was her best friend. So that wasn't a problem for her.

But, the problem is when she sees that guy right next to Jimin. Unfamiliar with him, that's when Minjeong decided to stay still and keep her eyes on him, examining his every action.

She was unsure at first. She thought she had seen this guy somewhere, but couldn't remember when and where. When she tried to think deeply again, that's when she finally realized.

He's one of them.

So, Minjeong ran.

Furious steps came closer and closer towards Jimin's direction. Angry face is evident, while people around her just looking at Minjeong in confusion, like- who the hell running at a campus cafeteria like a seven-year-old kid who didn't learn manners in a public space?

The angry footsteps also brought Jimin and Aeri's attention to Minjeong's direction, but not Jaeho, minding his own eating business.

Jimin was shocked, her eyes widened when she saw Minjeong just getting closer and closer with fist in both her hands, brows furrows angrily. The older girl feels a rush of panic in her blood. What if everyone knows that they are actually married? What if people know that Jimin married a problematic slut that they always said, like Minjeong?

Minjeong stands right beside Jimin, Aeri, and Jaeho's table. Jimin's trembling eyes slowly shifted at Minjeong nervously while Aeri keep munching her food slowly while looking at Minjeong in confusion. Meanwhile, Jaeho still didn't even move his eyes, not even bothering to look at the girl who just appeared beside them.

Minjeong tried to catch Jaeho's attention by coughing hard once, but still, that guy really didn't have any wits. He didn't even try to look.

"W-What are you doing here?", Jimin asked Minjeong in her whisper-like voice, but Minjeong eyes still glared sharply at Jaeho, shooting death glares continuously. The fist on her hands tightens even more, feeling the blood starts to boil even further and further.

"You!", Minjeong said out loud, pointing her finger towards him. Jaeho was finally startled, turning his head towards Minjeong's angry face with his usual boxy smile before it slowly started to fall apart.