recovery

"The trial of Kim Holdings ex-CEO came to an end yesterday. He was convicted with four charges of crime including kidnapping, faking one's death, homicide, and wrong use of illegal substances (drugs)."

"In late June, two months ago, the defendant was found guilty after a woman who announced dead was found, held captive inside his cash-bought apartment in Taipei, Taiwan. Taiwan Police also found the defendant in an abandoned harbour, twenty-seven kilometres away from Taipei City with a large amount of drugs and cash."

"The accusations were read by Judge Park Eunbin in front of the defendant, Kim Shihyang and the judge with majority voices, that the defendant will be life in prison without any possibilities of parole while waiting in the line for  his death penalty."

///

It was a sunny Saturday when Minjeong heard the news on the radio as she drove her car back home. Feeling all excited and extremely overwhelmed by the good news, Minjeong pushed the pedal harder, couldn't wait to celebrate their win with her wife that waiting for her arrival at home.

Since Minjeong couldn't bring Jimin to every court trial because of her PTSD, they mostly stayed at home all the time without knowing much about what the jurors and judges would say. Minjeong gave all her trust to her one and only lawyer who now was one of her closest seniors back in college, Taeyeon, Minjeong's cousin.

Her eyes suddenly became teary from the enormous joy. At last, what's right is right and what's wrong is wrong. She couldn't wait to come home and hug Jimin tightly, raining her kisses and telling Jimin that it was finally over. Their blood, sweat, and tears have come to an end. Jimin's suffering has come to a real end.

Minjeong's mind was too occupied with how should she celebrate it with her wife that she didn't realize that she drove the car a bit too fast (extremely fast). Not until when a bird suddenly flew across the girl's car, Minjeong didn't manage to push the brake pedal in time, creating that loud screeching sound on the road as her car lost control.

A loud bang was heard before Minjeong's head banged so hard on her steering wheel.

It all happened so fast that when Minjeong finally lifted up her head with a painful grunt, she realized that she hit her car with the lamp post at the side of the road.

Thankfully, her car wasn't damaged so badly.

"YOU MOTHERFUCKER FUCKING FILTHY BIRD! WHY IN THE HELL DID YOU FUCKING FLY ACROSS MY FUCKING CAR LIKE THAT?! I'M ALMOST DIE BECAUSE A FUCKING FILTHY DIRTY BIRD LIKE YOU! GOSH!" flows freely from Minjeong's mouth like a river.

Damn. Her bad habits need to be fixed sometimes. Her cursing habits.

Minjeong steps out of her car with a frown. The hood is perfectly bent in an upside-down 'V' shape, while her lights are all broken. She could see the glass pieces scattered into pieces on the road.

Minjeong sighed heavily as one hand massaged her temple. "Damn it. Jimin said that this is her favourite car. She's going to be hella mad at me."

Her deep sighs were interrupted when she could feel how a flow of sticky liquid slowly coming down from her head. It suddenly stings and her head becomes a bit hazy, but she is lucky enough to get a hold of herself as she touches the flowing liquid with her hand.

Another deep sigh was heard.

"I guess I got injured, huh?"

*****

Aeri and Ningning were at the Kim's mansion, together with Jimin who was currently sitting on the couch in the living room as the TV flashed on with variety shows that Jimin wasn't even focusing on to watch.