disappeared

It's the next month after all the confusion and fear Sungjoon blabbered out to the couple, but thankfully nothing serious happened throughout their days. No one tried to hurt them, despite both of them knowing that someone was still out there, waiting for the right chance. Minjeong always wonders how true the things Sungjoon had told her and Jimin.

Things also started to get better for them in another way. Minjeong learnt to appreciate and adore Jimin more, knowing it must be hard for Jimin to absorb everything and all the shock she had been going through, while Jimin treated Minjeong as kind as always. Probably more clingy than before, but Minjeong loves it. She simply doesn't care about that anymore. So far, they just need to be happy and appreciate one another. That's all that matters.

Enough with the sensitive topics. Today wasn't the day for them to think about the bad stuff, because it is the day of Mr. Kim's return from a long work journey.

Minjeong drove her wife together with her to the airport, hand in hand as they waited for Minjeong's father at the arrival section. Minjeong could walk just fine now, thanks to the care Jimin gave her. A smile flashed on the younger girl's face, feeling the gentle squeeze on her hand to provide her with the support she needed if her injury suddenly acted up.

As soon as they saw Mr Kim come out from the crowd with luggage in his hand and a big smile, Jimin immediately ran towards the older man, hugging him tightly. Minjeong followed right behind her with a tiny smile. She didn't say anything, but deep inside her, she was glad that her father was finally back.

"Welcome back, Mr. Kim," Jimin greeted as she pulled away from the hug, and got a small smile in reply. "Thank you, Jimin."

The man then shifted her gaze towards his daughter who was just standing still behind Jimin with both her arms on her chest, looking somewhere else to avoid eye contact. What a tsundere.

"I heard the things that happened to you, Minjeong. I'm glad you made it out alive," he said with the same smile, and Minjeong answered him with a low "Thank you."

Jimin then took away the luggage from Mr. Kim's hand, pulling it as she walked forward, leading the way with Minjeong by her side, holding her wife's hand tightly. A happy smile flashed on both of their faces as Mr Kim watched them from behind, shaking his head with a low scoff.

"These kids, really."

*****

The family stopped at a nearby Korean restaurant inside the airport to eat. It has been a while since they had a proper dinner in three. Mr Kim was busy going through lines of menus on the booklet while Minjeong currently talking to Jimin about something that sounded blurry for him to hear.

Minjeong pointed her phone screen to her wife, "Look at this." Seeing the screen flashing in front of her face, Jimin reads the message Minjeong just received from an agent they paid to dig in more about Jimin's family history about a week ago. Finally, they got something.

It is a picture of some documents, stating that Jimin actually a daughter from a rich family. Her dad actually was the owner of a company called JJ Group, and Jimin never knew about it. The company still exist now, which means—

"You owned a company, Jimin! You are literally an owner of a company but you never knew about it!" Minjeong said excitedly to Jimin, while Jimin was still puzzled and confused with the new facts.

"Is this document trusted? This — It just doesn't make sense. I mean— How?"

Hearing the ruckus from her two beloved girls, Mr Kim put the menu down, "What's up guys? What's wrong?" before he asked.

"Father, we just found out that Jimin actually the owner of a company. She's basically not poor at all all these years," Minjeong statements make Jimin give her a light slap on her shoulder before her wife says, "Rude."