Empathetic Talks

Droid was lost. Grizzy had told him and the others what had happened, the look of rage on Pezzy's face until he'd realised what he was doing.

It'd been 3 days since then, and Pezzy had yet to come out of his room. Droid and Grizzy had been bringing him food, returning an hour later to find the food eaten and tray set up by the door.

Every time Droid walked into the room with food or getting the tray, Pezzy was against the wall with his blindfold on. He was still in the clothes he'd been wearing that day everything had gone down.

So, Droid was lost. His best friend was hurting and he couldn't do anything about it. So he'd thrown himself into finding Core and the other scientists.

He and Soup spent hours searching, Soup mimicking his power during that time so he could also have the abilities of an android.

They'd found loads, backgrounds on the scientists they had, files of other people they'd been looking into (that they sent their friends to protect), and even what Core's ability was. But no locations.

Core apparently had a bit of a hive mind ability mixed with pain inducement. Once a mind was broken, she could get into it and control them. From what the records said, Pezzy had grown very close to being "broken" enough for her to control, but that little bit of stubbornness he showed had kept pushing it back.

Droid never thought he'd be so thankful for Pezzy's stubbornness, but he was. His best friend was incredibly strong, and he was very proud of him for being able to hold onto his own self even after everything.

He'd finally sat down and told everyone what he'd read in the files. What they'd made the four do, what things they'd been punished for, the daily logs, all of it.

John already knew most of it, but Droid had kept the worst of it from him. And the anger radiating off him had increased the anger of the others. It was only because Droid had made the smart move of telling them someplace secluded that the four didn't hear the rage induced ranting almost everyone had done.

Smiity, Matt and Dooo were missing Pezzy. Several times, Droid had entertained the thought of bringing them to his room, to see if they could help him, but each time he discarded the thought.

Why, he wasn't sure, but he didn't think it'd be a good idea. So he just left it, and hoped Pezzy would come out on his own.

But it'd been 3 days, and Droid was getting more and more worried. He could tell his friends were too, especially Grizzy.

The younger had been beating himself up for bringing Pezzy out, but everyone had agreed it was something Pezzy had needed. None of them expected them to be attacked by Core's henchmen.

"Droid, we need to do something," Puffer said softly, Droid looking over at him. They were in Droid's room, doing some reading on the files their friends had sent them. They'd been questioning the scientists on anything they could, one of them having the ability of persuasion.

They'd learned a lot, but still no locations. Droid sighed at Puffer's words, leaning back in his chair. "I know. But I don't know what he's thinking. I haven't seen him without his blindfold in three days, I don't think he's taken it off once," he said quietly and Puffer crossed his arms, also sitting back in his chair.

"You were always closest to him, he's spoken to you twice. He obviously trusts you in a way he hasn't reached with the rest of us yet, maybe you can reach him," Puffer said and Droid frowned, staring at the screen in front of him unseeingly.

Could he reach Pezzy? He wanted to hope, he wanted to help in any way he could, but would he listen? He chewed on his lip, battling internally before sighing.