Past Beckons

Double upload for clownetiquette!! Happy early birthday <3

This one is a bit graphic with Pezzy's ability. Not many places to put warnings because it's all over the place, so just a general warning here! Be safe <3

~Banana

He sat quietly, hands balled up in the pockets of his hoodie. The humming of the helicopter vibrated his core, the noise numbing his mind even under the noise canceling headphones.

"15 minutes before we touch down," Yumi said, the speaker in his headphones vibrating his eardrums but still sounding so silent. He lifted his head, meeting Dooo's eyes across the small walk away.

A mixture of fear, anxiety, determination and anger swirled in Dooo's eyes, mirroring the emotions he felt in his stomach. They didn't change expressions, just reading each other from across the copper.

The helicopter started descending, making his stomach flip. His hand moved from his pocket to grip the seat, jaw tense as he focused on his breathing.

A light bump later, they were landed. Droid had said they were going to stop about a mile away from the property, Grizzy using his illusions to stop the people inside from seeing or hearing them.

Everyone who was going inside quickly climbed out, Pezzy looking back at Dooo who had moved to Smiity's side and slipped his hand into the others.

They gave him a shaky yet determined smile, Pezzy nodding at them as he turned back to Droid. "Alright, follow me. McNasty, you know where you're going, yeah?" Eli said and the taller man nodded, hurrying off with the others following.

Matt glanced back at Pezzy, who just gave him a thumbs up. Matt smiled and rushed off after McNasty and the others, vanishing into the trees around the property.

"Come on, be prepared for anything," Eli said softly and they headed off, moving fast but slow. Pezzy struggled a bit with keeping up, since they were considerably more athletic than he was. He hadn't done a lot of moving in over three years, even since they'd been rescued, and he was already feeling winded.

He kept at it though, forcing himself to ignore the burning in his legs and lungs. He wanted to do this, he needed to do this, he wasn't going to complain. Not out loud, at least. His mental tirade to G, P, and J though, that was a different story.

His three "friends" rarely made appearances these days, especially since he'd started opening up a bit more to Droid, Dooo and the others. But they were always there, he knew it, if he needed them.

"Okay, Tuxy said the front entrance is clear, but there's cameras. Pezzy, can you see them?" Eli whispered, peeking around a tree. They were just at the treeline, the gate only a few meters away.

Pezzy looked around Eli, tilting his head. He could easily see at least four cameras and with a single quick thought, they melted into sand. It was sort of relieving to use his ability, having not used it for a couple weeks. As if a subconscious itch in his head was being scratched.

He stepped back and smiled a bit self satisfied, Droid grinning at him. "Perfect, let's go," Eli said softly, pushing ahead. They reached the gate and Puffer picked up a rock, phasing it halfway through the lock before letting it go.

The metal of the lock bent and he pushed the door open, Pezzy watching curiously. Besides Puffer removing his chips that first day he met them, he'd barely seen Puffer use his ability.

Eli led the way in, pausing at the door as he tilted his head. "There's cameras in the entrance hall," he said, Pezzy stepping forward. He still didn't know Eli's ability, and wondered if that had something to do with it. Unless Tuxy was telling him.