Breaking Chains

Early upload cos imma be really busy today, but enjoy!

~Banana

Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months and before Pezzy could even realise it, it was the one year mark of when they'd rescued him and his brothers.

He sat in his dark room silently, pondering over the last year. So much had changed, so many new things and renewed things.

He reached to his bedside table, pulling his blindfold out and running his fingers over the worn fabric. He hadn't pulled it out in months, and even longer since he'd used it.

A knock came at the door and he called, "Come in." It opened and Smiity, Matt and Dooo walked in, Pezzy noticing the bumps in their pockets.

"You too?" Smiity asked softly, Pezzy nodding with a half smile. "I can't believe it's been a year, so much has changed," Dooo whispered, pulling his own blindfold out of his pocket.

The three sat next to Pezzy, Dooo leaning against Pezzy's side. "I want to move on," Matt said suddenly, the others looking at him.

Matt was looking at his hands, the blindfold wound around his fingers. "I still have my jumpsuit, and this. I couldn't let it go, but today, I want to," he said softly and Pezzy glanced at his closet where he knew his own jumpsuit was crumpled in the corner.

"Me too. Just us four," Smiity said softly and Pezzy smiled faintly. "Bonfire?" He asked and the three grinned at him, nodding.

"Should probably tell the others so they're not curious or don't interrupt us," Dooo mused and Pezzy nodded. "Let's get our things and go downstairs to tell them. I know they'll understand that we need to do this ourselves," he said and they nodded, getting up and heading out of the room.

Pezzy set the blindfold on his dresser again and moved to his closet. He dug around a little, needing to move some things to reach the corner he was acutely aware of.

He'd thrown his jumpsuit in the back corner of his closet during the three day meltdown he'd had after hurting the men he and Grizzy had been attacked by. When he'd been fighting himself and trying to tell himself that he wasn't what those people had tried to make him.

He found the familiar grey fabric, pulling it from the floor and shaking it out. His fingers traced the patch on it that read "Subject 1", memories he'd thought he'd forgotten coming forward again.

A hand touched his back and he jumped, whirling around to see Droid looking at him with a concerned look. "Everything alright, Pez?" He asked and Pezzy nodded, taking a breath.

"We're letting go. Matt, Smiity, Dooo and I. And, it needs to be just us, out back, if that's okay?" He asked hesitantly and Droid just smiled fondly.

"Of course it's okay, Pez. I'm glad you're doing this, I can see you guys need to do this. I'll be here when you guys get back, yeah?" He said softly and Pezzy smiled softly at him.

Droid chuckled and took his hands, lifting them to kiss the backs of his knuckles. "Now I'm sure the others are ready for you, I'll go talk to John, McNasty and the others. Be safe," he said and Pezzy nodded, tiptoeing to kiss Droid's cheek and tucking the jumpsuit before rushing out the door.

He paused at the doorway once he'd picked up the blindfold, hand on the doorknob as he looked back at Droid. "Love you, and thank you," he said softly and Droid smiled faintly.

"Love you too, and no need to thank me, Pez. Go on, I'll be here," he reassured him and Pezzy nodded, opening the door and leaving.

He met Smiity, Matt and Dooo by the back door, the three of them holding their jumpsuits and blindfolds and looking determined. "Droid said he'd talk to the others, you guys ready?" Pezzy asked softly and they nodded.