New Starts

He felt warm, tucked under blankets with someone tucked against him. He could hear quiet murmuring, the voice achingly familiar but in a different way.

He opened his eyes slowly, finding Dooo tucked against his side still asleep. He looked around and saw Droid and Puffer talking quietly, Pezzy's eyes filling with tears.

"Droid?" He whispered, the two's heads shooting towards him. "Pezzy!" Droid gasped, rushing forward. They moved to the side of the bed Dooo wasn't and Droid took his hand, squeezing his fingers.

Pezzy didn't know what to feel. He and Droid had been together, he still had those emotions buried in his head, but these last three months since the rescue overshadowed it where he was close to Droid, but unsure of those emotions.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Droid asked softly, Pezzy swallowing. "Disoriented," he mumbled, carefully sliding his hand from the others.

His heart ached at the flash of pain on Droid's face, feeling guilty but still so confused. He looked to Puffer instead, the memories of their school days and missions still rolling his head.

"Chris," he mumbled, Puffer lighting up as he moved forward to squeeze Pezzy into a hug. "You remember?" He asked and Pezzy nodded with a shrug, careful to not disturb Dooo.

"How long?" He asked and Puffer said, "You've been unconcious for three days. Matt woke up first, it took him about 13 hours. Smiity woke up yesterday, he's been in his room, and Dooo woke up a couple hours ago but didn't want to leave you."

Pezzy nodded slowly, looking at Dooo before looking back at Droid. He glanced at Puffer, who looked sympathetic as he said, "I'll let you two talk."

Pezzy swallowed, nodding as Puffer smiled faintly at him before leaving. Droid moved to the side of the bed, carefully not touching Pezzy.

"I remember, us," Pezzy said softly and Droid nodded, not looking at him. "I- I'm sorry. I've got those emotions, those memories, and I- I still care for you, but, everything is so separated right now. I don't-" he cut off, frustrated that he couldn't convey exactly what he was thinking.

Droid slipped his hand into Pezzy's again, the latter forcing himself not to pull away. "Listen, Pezzy, I don't care. It'll hurt, yeah, but I'd rather you be healthy and my friend than anything, okay? You take your time, this is about you, okay?" He said, lifting his hand to kiss his fingers softly once.

A flutter erupted in Pezzy's stomach, warming him from the inside. "I'll go get you something to eat, yeah? Wake Dooo, I'll let John know you're awake. Matt and Smiity have been waiting for you," Droid said and Pezzy nodded, wanting to say something but unsure what.

Droid gave him a faint smile before leaving, closing the door behind him. Pezzy looked to Dooo, carefully sliding away from him before using the bathroom.

His surroundings were disorienting him, the memories of the past and his new memories of the last few months warring with each other. Nothing had changed from when he'd first moved in all those years ago, but it was still like a different life.

He finished in the bathroom, moving to the bed to gently shake Dooo awake. "Dooo?" He whispered, the other grumbling as he curled into a smaller ball.

"Hey, come on, it's time to wake up," he said a bit louder and Dooo blinked his eyes open slowly, looking up. "Pezzy!" He gasped, sitting up and pulling him into a tight hug.

Pezzy chuckled, squeezing back. More arms surrounded them, making them jump but the quiet laughs showed it to just be Smiity and Matt.

Pezzy looked at Smiity, who had the same troubled look in his eyes as he felt. They sat down, Dooo and Matt immediately grabbing his hands while Smiity leaned against Matt.