Teardrops on My Guitar

Drew looks at me, I fake a smile so she won't see

That I want and I'm needing everything that we should be
I'll bet he's beautiful, that guy she talks about
And she's got everything that I have to live without

Will wishes he could tell Drew everything that's on his mind. He just can't bear to see how pained she will be when she finds out he's in love... with her boyfriend.

He wants Nico di Angelo. He thought... he told Will earlier this year that he was gay, so he kept it a secret. Guess he just thought that he wouldn't lie to him. Well, he did. Still... it should have been Will.

Drew's always talking about him. Nico freaking di Angelo. Gorgeous Nico di Angelo. Everything Drew has... each bit of these stories Will's told... she has everything. Everything I'm just forced to live without.

Drew talks to me, I laugh 'cause it's just so funny
But I can't even see anyone when he's with me
He says he's so in love, he's finally got it right
I wonder if he knows he's all I think about at night

Drew talks to Will every day about him. Even though he's never even met him, at least, not since the Battle of Olympus, 3 summers ago, he can only picture Nico all grown up. With his mullet slicked down his neck like she always says it does. The way it pops up all the time, and how she caresses it back down. Why she tells Will all of these things, he will never know.

He talks to Nico, soon, and thinking Will used to be a good friend of his, tells Will how he's so in love. How finally, finally, he's got it right. Will wonders if he knows he's all Will thinks about at night. He loves him. If only Drew knew. But she doesn't, and she never will.

He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star
He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do
Drew walks by me, can she tell that I can't breathe?

He's the reason Will cries at night, playing his guitar. Every single night he goes and wishes on a wishing star. He's the song he keeps singing, not knowing why he tries.

Drew walks by, Nico's arm in his. Can she tell that Will literally can't breathe?

And there he goes, so perfectly
The kind of flawless I wish I could be
She'd better hold him tight, give him all her love
Look in those beautiful eyes and know she's lucky 'cause

He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star
He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do

And he watches Nico go. The way he walks so perfectly. The kind of flawless that Will wishes that he could be. Drew better hold him tight, and give him all her love, look in Nico's chocolate brown eyes and know she's lucky. Nico's the reason for all the sobbing Will does with his guitar. He's the only thing that keeps him by his window, wishing on a shooting star. He's the song Will keeps playing, not knowing why he tries.

So I drive home alone, as I turn out the light
I'll put his picture down and maybe get some sleep tonight
'Cause he's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar

So he walks back to the Apollo cabin alone, for once turns out the light, tries to put his picture down and maybe get some sleep tonight. He's the reason for the teardrops on Will's guitar.

The only one who's got enough of me to break my heart
He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do
He's the time taken up, but there's never enough
And he's all that I need to fall into
Drew looks at me, I fake a smile so she won't see

Will used to never let anyone in. Not truly, anyways. Now he remembers why. Nico's the only one who's got enough of Will to break his heart. And, since he's a doctor, he knows that this kind of heartbreak goes beyond repair.

Drew looks at Will later that day, and he fakes a smile so that Drew can't see that he's in love with Nico.