A Place in This World

I don't know what I want, so don't ask me
Cause I'm still trying to figure it out
Don't know what's down this road, I'm just walking
Trying to see through the rain coming down
Even though I'm not the only one
Who feels the way I do

Nico didn't know what he wanted in life. Don't even try to ask him, he gets all angry and it's this whole thing. "I'm still trying to figure it out, and--" by that point the guy was tuned out, and walking away. Nico left the store breadless that day, and started walking down a nearby road, not knowing-- or caring-- what he might find.

He watches as the rain falls, knowing he mustn't be the only one who feels this way. He can't be the only one in the 1940's who doesn't feel attracted to girls, he can't be!

I'm alone, on my own, and that's all I know
I'll be strong, I'll be wrong, oh but life goes on
Oh, I'm just a girl, trying to find a place in This World

"I'm alone. On my own... that's all I know!" Nico had screamed after hearing the news from Percy. His sister was dead. Bianca was dead. Percy had promised, sworn to him, that he wouldn't let Bianca get hurt, but he broke it, and Nico was planning on making him pay. But he couldn't. He was just starting to find a place at Camp Half Blood, but... no, he wouldn't think of that. He had Will now, it was okay.

Got the radio on, my old blue jeans
And I'm wearing my heart on my sleeve
Feelin' lucky today, got the sunshine
Could you tell me what more do I need
And tomorrow's just a mystery, oh yeah
But that's ok

Nico hummed along to "Bella Ciao" as it played through the radio, slipping out of his dinosaur pajama bottoms and into his old blue jeans. He'd worn his heart on his sleeve the day before, just for Will, and he seemed to have gotten the memo, that little ball of sunshine, because he asked him out on a date. What more could Nico possibly need? And tomorrow's just a mystery, but hey, that's okay. He had Will.

I'm alone, on my own, and that's all I know
I'll be strong, I'll be wrong, oh but life goes on

Oh, I'm just a girl, trying to find a place in This world

But as Nico fell asleep that day, after their amazing date, Nico walked the same, rainy road as he had all the years ago, wondering, praying, that people would accept and understand the kind of man he wanted to be. He was alone, all on his own, and that's all he thought he'd ever know. But he'd be strong. Yes, he'd be wrong, but hey, life goes on. Nico was just a guy, trying to find a place with Will by his side.

Maybe I'm just a girl on a mission
But I'm ready to fly

Maybe, Nico thought hysterically as he fell into the depths of Tartarus, clutching the back of Will's shirt, I was only born to be a guy on a mission-- he was cut of by Will's whines, "Nico, it's too hot."

"Just hold on, I've got you."

--but I am so much more than that now. I'm Will's boyfriend, and he needs me. We need each other. Once we find Bob, this'll all be over.

I'm alone, on my own, and that's all I know
Oh I'll be strong, I'll be wrong, oh but life goes on
Oh I'm alone, on my own, and that's all I know
Oh, I'm just a girl, trying to find a place in This world
Oh I'm just a girl
Oh I'm just a girl
Oh I'm just a girl

"I'm alone! On my own!" Will cries into Nico's ear, barely audible with the speeds they're falling at.

"We'll be strong, we'll be wrong, but life goes on."

"I'm not alone, not on my own. Now that's all I know." Will remembers as he hold Nico tight, as cries into his shoulder. "I love you."

"Ti amo pure," Nico replies, as they fall into the depths of Hell.