Cold As You

You have a way of coming easily to me
And when you take, you take the very best of me
So I start a fight 'cause I need to feel somethin'
And you do what you want 'cause I'm not what you wanted

Nico always felt... easy to Will. And, Will always thought that love was supposed to be that. Easy. But even if it was, it shouldn't be like this. It couldn't be. He took so much from Will, too much of his sunshine, which he was supposed to be full of.

So, he started a fight the other day cause he needed to feel... something, and Nico left to go to McDonalds alone because he doesn't want Will to tag along on his birthday which Nico forgot.

Oh, what a shame
What a rainy ending given to a perfect day
Just walk away
Ain't no use defending words that you will never say
And now that I'm sittin' here thinkin' it through
I've never been anywhere cold as you

It was supposed to be a perfect day today, Will's birthday. Apollo always makes those days extra sunny for him and his mom, Naomi, too. But at the end of the day today, it rained. Will just walked away, there was no use defending words that Nico'd never say.

And now that he's sitting in his old rocking chair he used to sit in while watching Nico at the infirmary, he really thinks about the problem. Will was hot. And Nico... Nico was cold. Too cold.

You put up the walls and paint them all a shade of gray
And I stood there loving you, and wished them all away
And you come away with a great little story
Of a mess of a dreamer with the nerve to adore you

Will hated it when he put up walls around his heart. He wanted to know where Nico was, if he was okay, anything possibly wrong, but he didn't get to know. He just had to stand there, loving him, as he was off with Percy, some other guy, pretending he didn't know what they were really doing together. Pretending it didn't matter. He always believed his stories. He didn't know why he tried.

Oh, what a shame
What a rainy ending given to a perfect day
Just walk away
Ain't no use defending words that you will never say
And now that I'm sittin' here thinkin' it through
I've never been anywhere cold as you

What a shame, such a rainy ending was given to Will's birthday.

"Just walk away!" he cried out to Nico. "Ain't a use defending words that you will never say!"

And now that Will's laying on his bed, thinking things through, he's never been anywhere as cold as Nico before. He was sure of it.

You never did give a damn thing, honey
But I cried, cried for you
And I know you wouldn't have told nobody if I died, died for you
Died for you

"He never gave a dam thing, for me. I hate him." But Will still cried, cried for hours, over Nico. He was supposed to hate him, he told myself. But he couldn't.

And even though, despite being a child of Hades, he wouldn't have told anyone even if he died for him, he almost did. So, so many times.

Oh, what a shame
What a rainy ending given to a perfect day
Oh, every smile you fake is so condescending
Countin' all the scars you've made
Now that I'm sittin' here thinkin' it through
I've never been anywhere cold as you

What a shame Will's birthday had to end this way. A perfect day turned sour. And every smile Nico fakes to try to get him back's pathetic because he already knows Will won't take him. He couldn't, not after what Nico did. All the gods dam scars he's made, scraping his nails while clawing at his arms for him to not go... he couldn't turn back.