Hey Stephen

Mmm-mm, mm-mm, mm-mm
Mmm-mm, mm-mm
Mmm-mm, mm-mm, mm-mm
Mmm-mm, yeah

Hey Stephen, I know looks can be deceiving
But I know I saw a light in you
And as we walked we would talk
And I didn't say half the things I wanted to

Will watched Nico weave through the throngs of campers, a dark head bobbing above the sea of orange Camp Half-Blood shirts. He knew looks could be deceiving, but there was a certain magnetism to Nico, a shadow that seemed to hold a hidden light. Every stolen glance across the lunch pavilion, every muttered conversation by the campfire, felt charged with unspoken words. Will had a million things he wanted to say, a million emotions swirling beneath the surface.

Of all the girls tossing rocks at your window
I'll be the one waiting there even when it's cold
Hey Stephen, boy, you might have me believing
I don't always have to be alone

Will would be the one waiting, a beacon in the storm, even when the loneliness cut like a harsh winter wind. Because seeing Nico, with his pale skin and obsidian eyes, made him believe. Believe that maybe, just maybe, he wouldn't always be alone.

'Cause I can't help it if you look like an angel
Can't help it if I wanna kiss you in the rain, so
Come feel this magic I've been feeling since I met you
Can't help it if there's no one else
Mmm, I can't help myself

It was a helpless feeling, this pull towards Nico, like gravity urging him closer to a fallen angel. He couldn't help but fantasize about stealing a kiss under a downpour, the rain washing away everything but the spark between them.

Hey Stephen, I've been holding back this feeling
So I've got some things to say to you (ha)
I've seen it all, so I thought
But I never seen nobody shine the way you do

Will clutched his guitar case a little tighter, the magic he felt a constant thrumming in his chest since their first meeting. There was a truth to Nico, a depth none of the others seemed to possess.

The way you walk, way you talk, way you say my name
It's beautiful, wonderful, don't you ever change
Hey Stephen, why are people always leaving?
I think you and I should stay the same

The way he carried himself, the way his voice softened when he spoke Will's name – it was a symphony Will never wanted to end.

'Cause I can't help it if you look like an angel
Can't help it if I wanna kiss you in the rain, so
Come feel this magic I've been feeling since I met you
Can't help it if there's no one else
Mmm, I can't help myself

But there was a wariness in Nico's eyes too, a fear of impermanence. People always left, drifted away like smoke on the wind. Will longed for something different, a connection that defied the impermanence of the camp. He was the only one. There was no one else.

They're dimming the street lights
You're perfect for me
Why aren't you here tonight?
I'm waiting alone now
So come on and come out
And pull me near
And shine, shine, shine

The streetlights flickered on, casting long shadows across the quad. Will strummed a melancholic tune on his guitar, the melody echoing the ache in his heart. Nico was perfect for him, a missing piece he hadn't even known he was searching for. Why wasn't he here? The empty space beside him felt vast and cold.

"Will?" The voice was hesitant, laced with surprise. Will looked up to see Nico standing there, the moonlight catching the silver glint in his dark hair.

Hey Stephen, I could give you 50 reasons
Why I should be the one you choose
All those other guys, well, they're beautiful
But would they write a song for you? (Ha-ha)

"I could give you 50 reasons why I should be the one you choose..." Will muttered, watching Nico sleeping peacefully on the infirmary cot, looking back to his guitar over in the corner.

"I'm the only one of them who... who wrote a song for you..."

I can't help it if you look like an angel
Can't help it if I wanna kiss you in the rain, so
Come feel this magic I've been feeling since I met you
Can't help it if there's no one else
Mmm, I can't help myself

"You look like an angel," Will blurted out before he could stop himself. Nico, who had been dozing, jolted awake, his gaze snapping to Will with a mixture of surprise and suspicion.

Flushing, Will stammered, "I, uh, meant it doesn't help that you look so peaceful when you sleep. Even with the rain and all." A terrible explanation, even Will knew that.

Silence stretched between them, thick and heavy. Then, a flicker of a smile played on Nico's lips. "Peaceful, huh?" he said, his voice a low rumble. "Maybe I should wake you up then, sunshine."

Will's breath hitched. "You could," he said, his voice barely a whisper. "Or you could come feel this... this magic I've been feeling since you got here."

Nico's smile widened, a slow, genuine thing that sent a jolt straight to Will's gut. He leaned forward, his dark eyes locking with Will's. "There's no one else, Solace," he murmured, the space between them evaporating in a heartbeat.

Myself
Can't help myself, I can't help myself
Oh, oh, oh
Mmm-mm, mm-mm, mm-mm
Mmm-mm, mm-mm
Mmm-mm, mm-mm, mm-mm
Mmm-mm, mm-mm
Mm-mm

Will closed his eyes, the rain a distant roar as Nico's lips met his in a kiss that tasted like rain and something strangely electric. He couldn't help himself. He melted into him, and they spent a long, lustful night together... in the infirmary bed.