Part 6

//Italics: Thinking//
//This part's a little more boring, sorry 💔//

   It didn't take very long for me to find my way back, but by the time I opened the door to my room my head was swimming. I shuffled over to my cot and slumped forward onto it, letting my feet hang over the edge as I closed my eyes.

With a quiet sigh I rolled over onto my back, taking a few deep breaths to try and ease some of the pain and dizziness away. I lifted an arm sluggishly, rubbing at my still closed eyes as I let my lips part in a sigh.

After a moment I opened my eyes, fighting against how much they watered to glance around, looking for the pain meds the doctor had given me a few days ago.

I lurched forward, leaning over towards my bed side table with a soft groan, grabbing the little bottle of pills and pulling two out, and then dry swallowing them with a little gag.

I then noticed a little sheet of brown paper with neat, swirly writing. I laid down on my cot, grabbing the paper before settling back with another soft sigh.

"Y/N, my name is Captain Price. I'd like to give you a warm congratulations on getting better by inviting you to the barbeque tonight. There will be food, games, and all the alcohol you can stomach," I read out loud, my eyebrows arching up in surprise, "What a coincidence," I huffed quietly, allowing the smallest of smiles to spread over my lips for a moment before wincing as my head throbbed again.

A few hours later, after a lovely nap that helped my head immensely, I got up from my cot with a yawn, stretching my arms out wide and popping my back.

"Alright, time to socialize." I mused, tussling my hair a few times and then giving it a few preening fixes to make it look more presentable. I stepped over to the bag of clothes I had been loaned, digging through it for something a bit more presentable than the sweats and loose t-shirt I was currently wearing, and finding nothing but the outfit I had put on earlier: the black shirt and camo cargos. I shrugged and pulled them on, hopping a little to pull on the cargos.

Once dressed, I shouldered my way out of the room, giving the working nurse a friendly wave and carefully making my way through the med bay and into the hallway. Now all I had to do was remember where the cafeteria was...

I pushed through the big double doors, glancing around in an almost nervous manner. Before, the hall had been full of operators, all chatting and laughing amongst themselves, but now it was silent.

"Everyone must be there already." I mumbled softly to myself, furrowing my brows as I peeked into the nearest open door, glancing into the higher rank's break room where a few soldiers sat around on a few cushiony chairs drinking beers, but it didn't look like where I should be headed. I continued down the hallway, my footsteps making soft, muffled noises in the emptiness of the hall.

After a few more minutes, I managed to wander my way into the cafeteria, mostly just from how fucking loud it was, with countless men and women already seated at the many benches lining the room.

When I looked in however, it got quiet, people looking over their shoulders at me and watching as I shuffled nervously into the room, glancing around for an open seat.

Then I saw a big arm raise up into the air. Following it down I saw König, sitting at one of the far tables with his usual hood on over his face. He waved me over, motioning to the empty seat beside him on the bench and I made my way over, trying to ignore the stares I was getting from some of the privates that filled the room.

I sat down beside König, sliding my legs down under the table and then leaning in to it, giving a glance to the other man beside me before looking to König.