It's the quiet ones you've got to watch

2015

I quickly grabbed all of my books and stuffed them into my bag. These lessons were so in depth that I had to get out of this building.

College was good but also tiring. It was non stop as I had to work in the cafe down the street from us so I could enjoy a social life when I wasn't at college. It felt like I had no time compared to when I was at school.

But I don't miss school one bit.

A lot has changed since leaving school. Sara went to college to do hair and beauty with Cassidy and Laney. She's often with them now as I always see her on social media out and about with their group. But it's been like that for a year now, so I'm pretty much used to it.

I've also got different friends, even though Sara and I will still keep in touch now and then and send each other a text message, I have a lovely friend called Dana. She's doing art and media with me, that's how we met.

We often study together and will hang out with a few others from our class on a Saturday night. We always had a party to join which was fun, much more fun now we can legally drink.

Things died down when I was still at school, we only dated for a short while and I still see him around now and then. We didn't get together or take our friendship further because it didn't feel right. It's important to really think about how you feel and how changes can really screw up friendships. We didn't want that.

The last time I hung out with him was nice, we went to the cinema and watched a film and afterwards we grabbed some food. He told me that he met this girl at college and was thinking of asking her out. Roll on a few weeks after and they were together. We naturally stopped meeting after that.

"Finn is here." Dana said as we sat in our common room. I looked up to see him with two friends by the pool table. I still got those silly flutters in my stomach whenever I saw him. "God I wish I went to the same school as him." She sighed as she watched him.

"He's dating Olivia Blandon." I mumbled and she looked at me. "I saw them kissing outside of class."

"Damn." Dana mumbled. "I can't believe you never let him tutor you." She looked at me as she said this. I shrugged and looked away as I didn't want to continue that conversation. It wasn't entirely true. Finn Carter did tutor me, a couple of times, and it was something that stuck to me more than I'd ever imagined.

2013.

I placed my books on the desk and slowly sat down waiting for it to start. A few other students sat around me as they flicked through their books with the teacher.

"Would you like help?" Mr Locke asked as he looked over at me.

"Uh-" Before I could answer Finn arrived and headed straight towards me. He slung his bag heavily down on the floor, Mr Locke looked at him and gently stood back.

"I'm here now." He said as he grabbed a chair and sat opposite me. I quickly looked away as I felt my heart began to beat faster. "Unless you still don't want any help?"

"I don't know." I mumbled as I glanced up at him. He reached forward and gently began to open my books to see where I was at, I couldn't help but look up at him, I watched as he tried to see where I was struggling.

"Ah, here." He said and began to note a few things down. I watched him as he scanned my work and flickered his eyes through what I had noted down. He looked so handsome.

"Why do you do this?" I asked and he stopped writing and looked up at me.

"Why not?" A soft smirk grew on his face and I just gently shrugged as I tried to think of the right thing to say. He waited patiently as his eyes gazed into mine.