18

"Alright kids we're here" Ben woke the kids up

"We're in Baltimore" Delilah rubbed her eyes

"Yep we've made it" Ben smiled

"We get to see Grandma and Grandpa" Tuck yawned

"Only thing I'm trying to see is a bed" Ben stood up
They got off the plane, collected their belongings and Ben got the keys for their rental car.

Ben drove to the Bailey household. Elena and William were waiting for them. He parked the car and let the kids out.

"How are you" Elena hugged him "It is lovely seeing you"

"I'm doing okay" He sighed "Good days and bad days but happy to be alive"

"And how's my little girl" Elena opened the door

"I'm fine, Mom" Miranda got out. Physically she was doing fine. She had to wear a sling and eventually do PT. Emotionally it was still to be determined how she was doing. It was her idea to come spend an undetermined amount of time at her parent's house.

"It's good to see you" She hugged her loosely afraid of hurting her

"She'll be good as new in no time" Ben smiled

"Thank you Mr. Brightside" Miranda chuckled and walked into the house. Ben started bringing all the things in while everyone talked.

"My stars. Tuck gets taller and taller every time I see him" William laughed

"Dada Ben says I'm destined for sports"

"That's why we're signing you this summer right" Ben handed him his suitcase

"Yeah I'm playing peewee football"

"And I'm doing gymnastics" Delilah smiled

"She reminds me of you Mandy" Elena laughed "That girl was in almost every activity imaginable. Band, dance, honor society, you name it. My baby did it"

"I'm doing tap dance once I get bigger" Delilah excitedly told them "but I can't practice in the house"

"But Daddy will take you to the dance studio when it's open and let you practice" Ben joined them

"Have her grandparents taken anymore initiative to be in her life" Elena asked

"Umm yeah for the most part. I haven't really forgiven them to the point if they call they can just take her but there's been lunch, dinners, she's visited. Work in progress"

"At least some effort is being made. Such a precious little girl"

"Well I am beat up from the feet up. I am going to catch some sleep.What room" He asked

"Mandy's old room I'll show you" Elena smiled

"We're sleeping in her childhood bedroom" Ben chuckled "Don't tell me it looks exactly the same"

"For the most part with the exception of the bed" Elena laughed

"Can I see" Delilah asked

"I want to go too" Tuck smiled

"Go ahead" Miranda nodded

Elena and the kids went down the hall towards the bedroom. Before Ben followed them, he turned to Miranda.

"Wake me if you need anything"

"Thank you baby" Miranda smiled "But get rest. I'm with my parents. They've babied me my whole life. Trust they'll take care of me"

"Okay if you say so. But really wake me if you need me" He kissed her cheek. He was just so glad she was here with him. He remembered how helpless he felt looking at her in the hospital bed post surgery. So many thoughts went through his mind. He was sure he did a mix of praying to God and cursing at God. He just needed her to be okay. It was then he decided he wasn't going to let another opportunity to marry the woman he loves slip by him. O'Malley's words echoed in his mind everyday he sat by Miranda's bed listening to the rhythmic beeps of the machinery. Sometimes life passes you by if you wait for the right time.