Déjà vu

Here I am... again, walking through the halls of this God forsaken school. I forgot how crowded it gets walking to class. This has got to be a safety hazard. Somehow, I made it to homeroom unscathed and quickly picked a seat before it was taken by someone else. There was a woman I presumed to be the teacher. 

I definitely haven't seen her on campus before, she must be new. She looked like she was in her late 20s. If it wasn't for her attire, I would've mistaken her for a high school student. Her short black hair grazed the top of her all-black blazer that fit her perfectly making her look powerful yet elegant. She settled everyone down and began to introduce herself.

"My name is Ms. Gold, and I will be your homeroom teacher for the remainder of your senior year and for some I may also be your math teacher.I was told the previous teacher Mr. Grayson had resigned during the summer break. However, I expect you to treat me with the same respect that was given to him."

The classroom door opened and to my surprise it was Naomi. There were audible gasps and whispers of excitement throughout the class.

"Sorry I'm late. Hope I'm not interrupting," Naomi apologizes, still at the door.

"I was just finished actually. Everyone, we have a new student and I doubt an introduction needs to be made, all things considered. Please do not overwhelm her with questions. She is a New Meadow's student just like you and should be treated as such. Naomi why don't you take a seat."

"Sure thing." She navigated through the rows of desks and sat down on the empty chair beside me. "Rowan, right?"

She remembered my name?

"Yeah," I replied with a shy smile.

Brielle's POV:
As I was gathering my books from my locker, I daydreamed about all the opportunities that awaited me if I made it to the big leagues, I'm practically buzzing with excitement for this year's soccer game. This is it, all I've been training for. Some athletes don't make it pass their high school careers but I'm giving it my all this year.

I got this. 

Someone's hands covered my eyes pulling me out of my thoughts and at first, I thought it was Rowan until I heard the perpetrator speak.

"Guess who's the new girl."

I quickly turned around to see if my ears were deceiving me. "Naomi! What the fuck are you doing here? You said you were going back on tour!"

"Yeah, about that, I kind of lied. I wanted to surprise you, so... surprise!"

I shook my head in disbelief but quickly wrapped her in my arms. "I'm glad you're here. I missed you like crazy," I said hugging her tighter.

"I missed you too, but I can't breathe," she struggles to say while patting my back. I quickly let go of her and apologize.

"Damn, what are they feeding you?" She joked. "Now that I'm here you can tell me all of the trouble you've been getting yourself into while I was gone."

I chuckled nervously, "sure."

Rowan's POV:
Ever since what went down with Oliver and everything leading up to it something has changed inside of me. The paranoia that I felt worsened after his death. I go to bed at all odd hours of the night. I often would wake up screaming and covered in sweat from head to toe. It was exhausting. Is this how my life will be until the day I die? Constant dread and sleepless nights? If so, shoot me now. 

I haven't gotten any other messages or text from Ghost since that faithful day, and I didn't tell anyone about it either. Avery was done with me; she got her closure and me and Brielle were dipping our toes into the pool of dating. I couldn't just drag everyone back into this. I could tell that Brielle knows something is wrong. I haven't been myself, the girl that she fell in love with.