Two-Faced

Campbell's POV:

"Please tell me you have a lead on this," my chief asks desperately.

"I'm working on it," I replied annoyed.

"Well work faster! I have the media so far up my ass I'm going to be spitting out propaganda!"

"Always a pleasure chief," I respond sarcastically taking a seat at my desk. I let out a deep sigh as I scanned over the new pile of information, I have to comb through thanks to this Ghost cunt.

There were no fingerprints on scene that wasn't accounted for, and the blood trail was the vic's. CCTV was completely wiped, and the rope used was worn out. I guess this wasn't their first rodeo. We're dealing with an organized killer with an alter ego. I had a similar case with a guy from Whales calling himself "the reckoning". These bastards are a different type of crazy. It took me the better half of a year to nail the guy and to be honest that was just pure luck. Now I'm on a time crunch with shit all to think.

"You know you're a spitting image of me on the toilet," Higgs laugh, offering a bagel. "Here take this, I know you haven't eaten. We're going out."

"Out where," I mumbled incoherently due to the bagel in my mouth.

"You'll see."

Rowan's POV:

"You know you talk in your sleep," I teased Avery as she began to wake up.

"What? I do not," she scoffs. 

"Well then, whose Mr. Tiddles?" My question made her redder than a stop sign.

"Oh, shut up. That's so embarrassing," she groans into her hands. "What else did I say?"

"Well yesterday was that one Hansel and Gretel dream. The day before that you were pleading for your teeth and I'm pretty sure you have a crush on Mr. Clean," I couldn't help but laugh.

"Ugh, why didn't you tell me before?" she whines bits of laughter escaping.

"Because... I think it's the cutest thing," I confess brushing her messy hair from her face.

"Oh, do you now?" She smiles leaning in for a kiss, one I happily accepted.

She gets up and places herself on my lap. How does she manage to look so beautiful in the morning? Honestly, I'm kind of jealous. Her hands gently held my face as she planted her kisses. The past few days have been nothing but euphoria. I don't remember the last time I took those shitty pills. I've been eating, she makes sure of that and quite honestly, I'm the best I've ever been in a long  fucking while.

Campbell's POV:

Higgs pulled up in the drive through of the motel that was now cleared of reporters. He turned off the engine and was fumbling through his bag for something.

"This is where you wanted to take me really?"

"Yes really. Take a look at this," he requests showing me pictures of the vic's wounds. "You still think the boyfriend did this?"

The poor lad was battered and bruised beyond recognition. I noticed a weird imprint on the right side of his cheek. "Hey what's that."

"That right there is from a ring. The size of it tells us it either belongs to a woman with sausage fingers or a man with anger problems."

"So, it wasn't the girl," I mumbled to myself.

"What?"

"Nothing," I dismissed.