Habits

Avery's POV:

Class was almost about to begin but I managed to be ahead of the clock this time. Students made their way into the class greeting Mrs. Laurent as they did.

"Bonjour."

"Bonjour Avery."

I took my seat and was greeted by a now familiar face. "Bonjour," Oswin says smiling. "I was thinking f-for the pro-project we could do it a-at your place?"

My place? 

Mom would still be at work and last time I checked the place was clean so I guess it wouldn't be too big of a problem.

"Sure, but we'd have to finish up by 7," I replied.

"No problem."

Rowan's POV:

I was contemplating even coming to school today. I don't know how Avery does it. I tried to convince myself it was all just one big nightmare but the empty seat in front of me didn't allow me to have such a delusion. "Ashe?" The teacher called from the register waiting for a response. "Looks like she's absent," the teacher remarked carrying on with the register.

Right, absent.

After my work was done, I handed it to the teacher and made a beeline to the bathroom. It was beginning to be my only safe space at this nightmare school. It was surprisingly vacant most of the time, so I had no problem doing what I needed to do to calm my nerves.

Deep breaths, the sound of running water, counting the number of times the light flickered, this was my ritual. Might be a bit weird but the other option .... let's just say this way is safer. The door opened, startling me in the process. Avery walked in and looked surprised to see me. She's been avoiding me at school, and it just got worse now that we had two bodies under our belt.

"Hey," she greeted, still standing at the door. "I think we should talk."

"Looks like we're already doing that," I joked.

"I meant somewhere that doesn't smell like cleaning products," she explained.

I chuckled softly to myself, "I know what you meant, my place?"

"Sure."

I left the bathroom, leaving Avery to her business.

Brielle's POV:

"Hey you," I greeted Rowan as she made her way closer to me. "Feeling any better?"

"Nothing a good night's rest can't fix," she shot me a smile and moved in for a kiss, one I didn't accept with grace. I stepped back cautiously with a look of regret.

Rowan glanced down to let out a sigh, "right." Painful silence swept over like a bad storm.

I felt bad putting her through this. I have to make it up to her somehow. "I was thinking maybe we could watch a movie together. A bowl of popcorn and just me and you wrapped up in some sheets. How does that sound?"

"Tonight?" she asked unsure.

"If you're busy tonight we can just do it Friday, no problem," I reassured.

"Sounds like a plan. I actually have to meet with a teacher. I'll see you around."

"Alright," I replied but she was already too far gone to hear it.

"Damn that was painful to watch," Naomi said from behind me.

"What the- how long were you here??" I questioned.