Bestfriends part 2

Shubman's POV..

seeing ishaan walking toward the field gave me some relief as pakistan managed to get the wicket of our captain giving us a big blow.

I knew now that both of us had to score big to win  this game. I know ishaan can score big run he seems little lost to me today. May be just nervous because he is playing first match in the series. So, I tried to lighten the mood by making a joke, and he finally smiled, and I knew then and there that I would do anything to keep that smile on that face. After all, he is my best friend and best in the world.

When I met him for the first time, he was smashing cake on his teammate face. It was my first day in the team, and they were celebrating the birthday of one of the teammate. He accidentally thrown the cake at me and came to say sorry.

That's how our friendship began. Over time, we become inseparable. I am an  introvert, and I don't have lots of friends but ishaan, he have friends everywhere we go. I do not know where he brings that energy to meet and talk to so many people in a day. He is always talking or playing pranks on someone.

As expected, we both finished the match and won it. Ishaan came running, taking me into a hug, and I could hear the crowd shouting aloud. There was sound of firecrackers bursting, but I was too busy looking at ishaan's laughing and happy face to look around at firecrackers and people.

After interviews, we finally got the chance to come back to the hotel and rest. It was around 7 in the evening when we reached our hotel. It was almost dinner time.

" wanna go out for dinner." I asked ishaan, who was going toward the bathroom to take a shower.

" Only if we are eating Japanese." Chimed ishaan.

"Your wish my command, my lord." I laughed and said little bowing.

"Okay, give me ten minutes,  I will shower and get ready. As you have already showered in the changing room, you can get ready here." Replied ishaan still laughing at my bowing.

...................................................................

At the restaurant

Ishaan and shubman went to a restaurant named Sushi on the grill. Shubman chose the restaurant as he knew that ishaan loves sushi. If he did not have to maintain the diet, he would be eating sushi for a meal and make shubman do the same, and shubman will gladly even eat as he can never say no to ishaan.

Shubman does not know why he feels butterflies in his stomach when he sees ishaan smiling. He has been having these feelings for the last three months. He asked his sister about this, and she just confused him more, saying that he is in love, but how can he be in love he is straight and like girls.

But somewhere in his mind, he knows that his sister is right. He just does not have enough courage to accept it,
but if ishaan starts to hate him after knowing about it.

But if he no more wants to be his friend and never sees his face again.

There are so many if,

He did not want to take that risk. He does not want to imagine life without ishaan in it.

" You know if you keep bringing me on these sushi dates, I might fall in love with you." Ishaan's joke breaks the trail of his thoughts.

His  heart stopped for a moment, and then he replied.

"May be that's what I am trying to do."  He said, looking in ishaan eyes directly.

A blush creeps on ishaan's face. That's where shubman knows that the next guy thinks the same about him, and he thinks that may be its the best chance to confess his feelings.

" So, what do you say, do I have a chance."

"May be, if I get one more plate of sushi."

Shubman laughed and ordered one more sushi for him.

That's how their journey from bestfriends to lovers started...

THE END..

Any request for the next storyline?