Being apart

Shubman was never good at expressing his thoughts and feelings, but his best friend from the first grade always encouraged him to express more, even if it's to himself in front of the mirror. When he moved away from the city, shubman felt like his soul left the body.

It was the last day of their 10th board exam when ishan told him that his father got transferred to ranchi, so they are leaving chandigarh and moving there. Shubman was so disheartened and angry that he did not even go to say bye to ishan.

Two years passed, and shubman did not contact ishan. For the first few months, ishaan tried contacting him, but he never replied. Eventually, ishaan got angry too and stopped contacting him.

When after passing 12 standard, shubman got selected for under 19 cricket team, there he saw ishaan for the first time in the last two year. All his anger evaporated in air. He couldn't be more happy to see a familiar face among all those unknown people, but he kept up the facade of not knowing ishaan just to see ishaan reaction.

But ishaan never reacted. He met him like he had never known him. Shubman was shocked that how come he did not recognize him. He thought ishaan was just angry and doing the same acting of not knowing him.

So, shubman decided to test his patience by talking about his school and how his best friend left him to the other players in front of ishaan, but he never reacted. He was always calm, like he didn't even know who shubman was talking about.

Now, shubman was running out of patience. He wants to hug ishaan and tell him all about those two years they spent apart. How he never made another best friend after him, how he is his only best friend.

In the end, he decided that he would go confront ishaan directly. So, one night, he went to his room.

"HI, ishaan."

"Hey, shubman, what are you doing here at this time of the night."

" WHY are you ignoring me."

"What are you even talking about shubman, why would I ignore you, I don't even know you properly."

"YOU DON'T KNOW ME,how can you say that ishaan, I know I did not pick up your calls, I was angry at you for leaving. I am sorry about that, I am really sorry for being angry at you for no reason."

"I still don't know what you are talking about."

Now shubman was on the verge of crying, tears almost slipped from his eyes when ishaan burst out laughing.

"What do you think that you are the only one who can pull prank on me. Don't forget that I am your teacher."

"So, you were just pulling my leg all this time."

"Yes, how can you even think that I won't recognize you."

"And here I was thinking you will pacify me."

"Oh, my baby is angry." Ishaan burst out laughing, saying this.

"I thought you were really angry when you stopped trying to contact me."

"I was never angry with you, I lost my phone, which had your contact information, and you deactivated your old insta ID, I had no way to contact you."

Shubman just hugged him. He was at peace after two years. He finally has his biggest supporter back with him. Who always encourages him to follow his heart.

..........

Should I end it here or write a second part for this?