Chapter Two

Craig was very careful walking out of Seana's apartment, closing the door behind him slowly and quietly. He made note of the apartment number as well, a habit that he picked up on from the hotels he stayed in. He also took Seana's sonic screwdriver with him, so that he wouldn't get locked out. The handy tool of his Time Lord friend had received quite an upgrade, taking any form its user wishes with the press of a button. Seana claimed this new feature was from Cybertronian tech. Craig merely took her word for it, unable to grasp all the technical specs.

After double-checking everything, Craig was now en route to PizzeRizzo. As he walked down the fancy corridor and passed all the doors to the other apartments on that floor of the Arconia, he noticed one whose lock was being picked by a Muppet man. Unlike the one Craig saw earlier on TV, this one was blue and rather gruff-looking. His brow was bushy, his hair was unkempt, and his outfit consisted of a dark brown blazer, a worn-out vanilla shirt, black slacks, and black shoes.

 His brow was bushy, his hair was unkempt, and his outfit consisted of a dark brown blazer, a worn-out vanilla shirt, black slacks, and black shoes

"C'mon, you stupid son of a bitch!" he grumbled at the lock. He stopped the illicit activity when he noticed the bewildered Craig staring his way. "What's the matter, kid? Ain't never seen a Muppet pickin' a lock before?" Craig shook his head uneasily, amusing the blue Muppet man. "Hmph. Well, I ain't the sicko you should be worried about. You stayin' here with anyone. Yer parents, maybe?"

Again, Craig shook his head, but this time he verbally clarified, "Just my sister."

"She picked one helluva place for you to stay," the Muppet man indicated. "A lotta murders been happenin' in this building. My advice to you: watch yer back. Same goes for yer sister." And with that, he went right back to his lockpicking.

His warning did unnerve Craig.

What kind of place did Seana bring them where murders have happened?

Did she even know before coming there with him?

The growling of his stomach did away with whatever nerves came over him. Alarming as the lockpicking Muppet's warning was, he was too hungry and too anxious to check out PizzeRizzo's to turn back.

So, he pressed onward, leaving the Arconia and walking out onto the bustling street corner that separated him from his intended destination. New York City was a lot louder than what he was used to in the quiet community of Herkleton County, Maryland. It was also a lot more crowded. Before he knew it, he was bunched in with several adults at the crosswalk. Definitely no turning back now, he thought as they all made their way to the other side of the street. He could hardly see beyond all the butts that surrounded him.

Thankfully, once the crowd dispersed, he found himself right in front of PizzeRizzo's. "Dinner time," he hungrily licked his lips. He already smelled the pizza from outside the establishment, particularly the pepperoni and cheese, which he knew to be Seana's favorite (since it's Thomas's favorite as well).