Chapter Four

Director Sean Livingston.

That was the name that one of the reporters on the scene – Christine Everhart – addressed the Thomas lookalike as. He was the director of an organization called "S.W.O.R.D.," having inherited it following the "mysterious disappearance" of former director, Tyler Hayward. As new director, Livingston oversaw the protection of Earth from both extraterrestrial and extra-dimensional threats, including the cephalopod that his team – Moon Girl, Super Gretel, Super Hamster, and Havoc – took down.

"He looks so cool," the starry-eyed Craig awed. "He's just like..." He heard a loud yawn behind him, and he turned to see a disinterested Seana with one of her hands dug down into her jeans. "Wha...?! What're you doing?!"

            "Me trousers are feelin' banjaxed today

"Me trousers are feelin' banjaxed today." She tugged and readjusted from the inside, all while letting out a loud, irritating yawn. "And I'm bored. Let's get on with lookin' into dat TVA portal, eh?"

Her disinterest frustrated Craig, who nonetheless returned to their investigation.

And then they heard Director Livingston call out, "Doctor! You're up!"

This enticed both Seana and Craig's curiosity, looking back around the corner to see a snazzy-dressed, mustached black man step out of another of the black unmarked vans, followed by a young, short-haired blonde wearing a short jacket with white shearling and a short, red plaid skirt.

"I doubt your men left much for me to work with, Director," the black man told Livingston, speaking with a unique Scottish-Rwandan accent. "Just so you know, I've worked with more professional superiors of clandestine organizations than you."

"I'm sure you have," Livingston glibly remarked, donning a gas mask with the man and his companion prior to heading into the dome with the incinerated cephalopod.

Having eavesdropped in on their interaction, Craig surmised, "That mustached guy with the weird accent was the Doctor!"

"So, it be," Seana noted. And then, not missing a bit, she suggested, "Back to dat portal now, eh?"