Chapter 12

I hope this chapter delivers 😭👌 (I swear I can write blood better than this I'm just rusty 😭😭 plus I WAS gonna go a very different direction w/ the injury for said blood but I changed the plot so I might have over hyped it xd) (I hope the manipulation in this makes up for what I didn't write xd)
.
.
.
.
You know the drill
italics for morse code
Underlined italics for another language (English)
Just to clarify you may have noticed individual word in my writing in italics it's just for dramatic affect. (Yes I'm looking at you timeblade and kindly stop reading my book <3)
.
.
.
.
I paused in my tracks, frozen. My face dropped into a wide eyed stare; I was caught by surprise. Time slowed down as her words repeated in my mind- they stung like salt on a fresh wound. I quickly smiled again staying silent as I quickly walked to the entrance of the 1-A dormitories trying my best to keep my composure. I quietly shut the door behind me with a gentle click!

The fresh late spring breeze quietly blew as I walked and leaned on the railing of the dorm patio.

"Performance? I don't work for you anymore. What do you mean my performance? I believe that stalking a Yuuie hero course student could be illegal. Maybe even enough to get a restraining order."
I continued to smile as I leaned my weight onto the railing watching a couple walk by presumably back to their dormitories, I chuckled half heartedly in an attempt to mask my annoyance.
"How did you get my number? Who gave it to you?" I pressed.

"Oh Ray, Can't a mother check in on her son every once in a while?" I could hear her smile through the phone, she paused before continuing.

"I watched the sports festival." My breath caught in my throat- waiting for her to continue.
"I guess you're little games of tag paid off, you're quite the runner. Though I guess all the running didn't really pay off.." she paused for another second. (This bitch be speaking in tongues 💀)

"What happened? To you? You used to be at the top of grace field now your just somone who couldn't place on the podium in the sports festival...though I must admit your little blond friend did excellent, first place!" She exclaimed whilst highlighting the fact that in her world, i was underperforming.

I didn't care about how well i did in the sports festival it doesn't matter in the end in fact I have two more to look forward to- no, I dont want her to take interest in Kacchan. I knew Isabella is doing better now- probably leading an honest life for all I could care. Part of me still after all this time doesn't trust her.

Grace field may as well be a vivid but distant memory by now, but I can't- I can't let go of the past. And only god knows if I ever will. I don't want her getting in contact with Kacchan, he might tell her how weak i was in middle school- or worse she'll tell him about ray. Her sweet, sweet little boy who calculated and executed an escape from the most secure cattle children farm in the world!

Or...could I be over reacting? Over analysing her intentions? Am I really as weak as she thinks I am-?

"I- I am not weak!" I snarled at her through the phone, but I took a moment pause before adding "please....don't bring Kacchan into this" I admitted. My hand gripped the railing of the patio harder and harder.

Bingo.

"I never said anything about you being weak Ray."