Can't Kill A Ghost

(Armor Online...)

(HUD Online...)

(Helmet Online...)

(Armor Enhancements Online...)

(Artificial Body Online...)

After the EMP blast, Alpha isn't sure where he is. Church had been lying dormant in a suit of armor for a long time. When he did awaken, the body he was in was much different than even the ones he had inhabited for years. There was power in the armor he was in. Something was off. There were multiple mods made to this suit of armor. Everything to Wyoming's time distortion unit to Tex's invisibility. There was still something odd though. There was no longer a body inhibiting the armor he was in. Alpha had taken to gathering himself up and restoring himself for a while. Church was no longer fragmented, he was whole again. Then he felt it. Then he heard it. It was the leader of the insurrectionists. The voice was grating and filled him with valid anger.

"Welcome to the world Alpha"

"Yeah thanks, and who are you again?"

"Let's not jump to formality just yet, Can you move?"

Alpha tried to move the huge suit of armor he was in. He could move most of the pieces, but couldn't move his left arm or his head. Alpha noticed it was still The Meta's armor he was in. The only thing was, there was no Meta.

"Hmm... This won't do, Filss shut him down"

"WAIT NO!"

"Yes Chairman"

Alpha was dead to the world again.

~~~

When he awoke again it was with a start and a painful feeling where his artificial heart should be. The man who refused to give him his name was still standing there. The man once again asked him to move around. Alpha wasn't really sure if he wanted to or not. The lights in the room are bright and hurt whatever artificial skeleton they had stuck in him. The light was blinding and the room was cold. Alpha has no idea whether he should follow the command or refuse and see what happens. The man who commands him seems old and with power armor like this? he could take him out in a heart beat. Even as he thought out the words there was a painful gripping in his chest.

Hargrove walks around him, eyeing him up and down. It makes Alpha uncomfortable and uneasy. He tries to step away from the man. Even that has it's consequences. Alpha's new body falls and it falls hard. This body is clearly made to feel a lot of pain. The wind knocked out of his lungs as he hits the ground. The man Asks his AI to shut him down again and he's lost conciseness for the second time.

When Alpha wakes up the third time, most things are different. He's in a new room and the lights aren't as blinding. The Armor he's in is thrumming online. The HUD coming up in front of his eyes. The new armor clearly online for the first time since he's been in it. The man comes back, steps right in front of Alpha.

"Move for me"

Alpha moves. The armor quickly following his movements with every step he takes. The working armor seems to make the other man pleased and he steps forward and puts his hand on Alpha's chest piece.

"What a wonderful addition to my growing collection"

The examination of the room in front of Alpha confuses him. There was a pistol, a ball of some sort (must have been a fun addition to any beach party), and something he couldn't identify. It was definitely an odd collection of things. Alpha wasn't having any of it though. There was no way he was just gonna sit in some trophy case. Alpha wasn't just some trophy to be won. The man seemed to catch on and was quick to tell him he wasn't going to sit in a box. 

"I have something for you to do. It seems my employees are to incompetent to get the mission done, so sending you was the next best option.

"Yeah, and what makes you think I'm going to listen to you?"

"This" The man Holds up a small white clicker, it was only as big as his thumb. Alpha watched as he clicked the button. His sides quickly flowing in pain, it was unbearable. The pain tore through his side like lightning. His vision becoming static and burning at his retinas. Alpha feel to the floor his side were on fire. The man let go of the button and Alpha felt relief course through his fake veins. "is something I had my scientists create for exactly this type of situation. You see I ever so do need your help. My mercenaries are proving to be doubtful and their finishing the mission is highly unlikely" Alpha stands up and raises his palms twords the man.

"Ok, lets not do anything rash, everyone here is your friend-"

"Are you patronizing me?"

"No,  no ones doing anything to you"

"Why are you speaking to me like that?"

"No ones talking to you like anything"

Hargrove gives him a hard look, Pensive and defensive. He seems to shake it off though. His thoughts returning.

"You will help me in taking control of a planet long forgotten. The assets needed from the planet will help win the war" 

"But I thought the war was over?"

"The enemy's are space lizards they do not have the brain function to not be at war"

"That seems pretty intolerant" 

"There are people to protect and people to save there is no time to be worried about being intolerant, Alpha" 

"And you think I'm better suited to helping then trained military soldiers?"

"Surely with your upgrades you will be able to stop most things in their tracks"

"I'm sorry have you meet me before?" 

"I created you from the pile of scraps you were. You are going to help or you are going help unwillingly with a lot more injury"

"You know I don't think this is going to turn out well for me at all"

"It doesn't need to"

"You know, I never caught your name"

"Call me Chairman"

"That's a ridiculous name"

The Chairman walks away. Alpha isn't really sure what to do. Then The other man Tells the lady who sounds so oddly familiar to shut him down again.