Can't Mess With A Ghost

Alpha hadn't seen either of the men step up behind him. They were quiet, and he had just picked up another box. The two seemed to like hiding in the shadows, or at least it looked like it. Alpha had just turned around, another box of whatever this was in his hands. He went to drop it off at the assigned drop off place just over to the makeshift landing pad he was dropped off at. Alpha didn't really take notice of them at first their quiet steps not alerting him of their position. They came and asked him who he was. His short reply and the growl the shorter of the two had let out worried him. These guys seemed like douche bags. The smaller of the two circle around him like he's something a buzzard wants to eat.

"So you're the pretty boy The Chairman sent to make us behave huh?" The shorter one said

"I don't know, are you the pretty boy that needs to be looked after?" Alpha replies smugly. He can see the other one get madder. He moves to put down the box at the landing pad. The small one stops him, clearly looking him over. Alpha stands all of two and a half feet taller than him. Alpha cranes the suits neck to actually see the deadly, at least what he thinks, are the deadly mercs. The larger one hasn't moved much, but he looks like a monster in his helmet. The odd face shape looking like someone butted out their bottom jaw. Alpha did the same thing in his armor just cause he could.

"You know..." The smaller one pulls out his gun. "You would look a lot better dead"

Alpha isn't afraid of the tiny man. His time distortion unit is running. Honestly Alpha isn't scared of either of them. The two mercs were both smaller and a lot more under equipped than he was. Alpha can see the bigger one bristling. He acts like he knows so much, but his stance proves he doesn't trust himself.

"Felix"

"Oh come one Locus. They finally sent the replacement. Wouldn't you love to skin him? To take his armor and Power through your precious Agent Washington?"

"Felix" The one dubbed Locus takes a giant step forward. Felix sighs and puts down the gun. Alpha notices his finger is still on the trigger though.

Alpha figures he probably shouldn't mess with either of the men besides himself. They both take to staring him down. Locus Huffs but is mostly ignoring him and staring at his chest plate. Something inside informs him that it's a defense mechanism. He'll never look you in the eyes. Then Locus turns away, Felix follows The man who had turned to talk to one of the first men he had seen. Alpha figures it would probably be best to avoid the two until he can properly figure them both out. So Alpha takes to doing the same thing as before, Avoiding the two whenever he could. He works hard in the long hours of the day, Even until the evening came about. He was almost done too. The armors getting heavy on his shoulders and he doesn't understand why. It's not like an artificial body to do something quite like this. Alpha wonders how advanced it must be to feel such things. Still, having two very scary mercs mad at you is not really an ideal situation. He avoids them when he can and ignores the jabs Felix sends his way.

When the day is done, he retires to the place they called his. After taking mental note of the horrible state its in, he climbs inside the "home". It's really just a shabby excuse for a tent. He tries to not mind the bugs mumbling curses as he goes. He tries to settle down for the night. Tries to get some good sleep. Which works for a little while. And soon he's drifting off into a 'dream' state. It comes easy to him for having to do it for so long. It's easy to fall into disuse. It's so easy to lie dormant for hours upon hours.

As the night progressed, alpha slept. He slept until he could hear his tent opening slowly. HUD blinking that he was slowly turning online. Suddenly an old memory pops up of him and Tex. The memory reminding him of the time she climbed through his window only to try to scare him from his sleep. To wake him up to go run to the river to swim in the moonlight. The memory of Tex kept his thoughts occupied up to the point where he saw a knife shimmering in the 'moon' light. It raised above his stomach and he was quick to kick the arms the knife belonged to. Whoever it was let out a small curse and they were quick to leave. Alpha sat up and looked around. He saw a small knife, well, it was about as big as The Meta's hand. Which is pretty big. Either way, Alpha wasn't in a good place. This clearly meant war, and finding out who would stab him was a very new but immediately important question he needed to find out. Examining the knife he couldn't really see anything. It was smallish it was also mainly black. The yellow stripe running up the side was worrying. Finding whoever wielded the knife would be a challenge if the only people's who armor wasn't red was either grey or green or even orange. It didn't help. He couldn't make out anything by shape or size because whoever it was, was out of armor. Alpha assumed their arms would at least be sore tomorrow. So at least when he found them he could search for that seeing as how he knew what no one looked like anyways. With all the people in this base it wasn't hard to assume that no one knew each other either. They mostly just heckled each other.