Chapter 10 - Partners in crime

It is yet another night. My legs give out when i try to drag the body with me. Drew pulls me back on my feet. "Just a little more", he comforts me, I nod and pick up the body again. I'll throw up sooner or later. Drew finally takes the body from my hands and puts it in the trash bin next to the other one. 

Drew turns to me and wipes his forehead. "Your shaking honey", he whispers and kisses me gently. "Come, let me carry you", he whispers and picks me up on his shoulder. "Aren't i heavy for you?" i ask, Drew chuckles and starts confidently cross the street after checking that no one was nearby. The others of our group had stayed in the hotel for rest. Me and Drew had took the job of taking the blood. Just the thought makes my legs give out again, glad Drew picked me up. 

I wipe a bit of dry blood from Drew's chin. He has not shaved his beard, i feel it instantly. "Old man", i tease, feeling my legs again. Maybe i started feeling better, knowing that it was done for tonight. "Just a little older than you", he says. 

Drew sets me down on the car seat and kisses me, caressing my knee in his hand. "Can you feel your legs?" he asks, a hint of worry in his voice. "Somehow", i answer a bit nervous as i get a new reminder of the real reason we were out there, in the middle of the night. "I understand, you see, the first time you are chosen into this duty it's always hard.. And honestly it will continue to be hard, i don't think you are even meant to get used to this", Drew says in his therapist voice. "Yes yes mr. Child psychiatrist", i laugh. Drew chuckles too. "So, back to the hotel?" i ask. "No, not yet. I know a nice coffee shop in here. I'll pay."