Chapter 12 - Xavier and his broken Toyota

I wake up the next morning with my jacket and shoes still on. I hadn't even bothered to make my way upstairs to the bedroom, instead i had slept on the living room's sofa. My back bag is laying on the ground near me. I get up and go to the kitchen to feed Vampir. As the cat starts eating happily i look out of the window. Just then a grey car parks in front of the house, my heart starts beating more faster when i realize i do not recognize this car. Then a familiar vampire walks out of the car. 

"What the hell?" i ask out loud when i see it's.. Xavier. 

I open the door a little bit, just enough for me to take a peek and slam it shut if need. Xavier stands there as serious as always. "Falk wanted that you are not alone, so i came to pick you up to our house", Xavier explains. Somehow i understand that he is telling the truth. "Who's gonna take care of Vampir?" i ask. "It can come with us", Xavier says and crouches down to the ground when Vampir walks to him. "Come here", he says to my surprise and reaches his hand out to Vampir to smell, wich it does very carefully. 

I sit down on the passenger seat with Vampir tightly on my lap, i smell gas. "You should probably get this car to a car mechanic", i mumble. Xavier chuckles for the first time around me. "Yup!"