1.2 Back to normal

Wonyoung's POV:

**BOOM**

I jumped up, my eyes all wide and breathing heavily. I noticed Jia and Leeseo flinch so I desperately looked for my phone.

I found it on the bedside table and quickly turned off the alarm.

"Damn I keep forgetting 'Secret Story of the Swan' is my ringtone", I said to myself, scratching my head. "Why is the intro so powerful bro it gives me a mini heart attack"

I carefully got out of bed so as to not wake the others up and turned my head towards the wall. It read "5:03 am" on the clock.

"Did I set an alarm for 5 am instead of 6 am last night? Gosh", I sighed.

Now that I'm up, lemme make a cup of coffee.

I went over to the kitchen and turned on the lights. The sink was full of dirty dishes.

"You know what? Let's clean this up first."

I started washing the dishes, when I suddenly heard a noise. I whipped my head around to see the source of noise, and to my surprise, I saw.. Sunghoon, holding a vase to stop it from falling.

He looked towards me and gulped. Then putting back the base in its place, sheepishly smiled.

I sighed. "Gosh, you almost made me jump out of my skin."

"Oh? Um sorry"

"It's, it's fine. Don't worry."

He went over to the living room and sat down on the couch, taking out his phone. For a while we said nothing. The only noise was the water and the clinking of dishes against the scrub.

As I finished washing, I asked him, "Would you like some coffee after I finish this?"

"Sure, if you'll have some too"

"Yeah. I'll make for the two of us then."

I put the dishes in the shelf and prepared the coffee. I took two cups of hot coffee of us to the living room.

Handing him one, I said, "Here you go"

"Thanks"

We drank our drinks quietly and it felt too empty.

I decided to shake away this awkwardness between us so I initiated the convo.

"So why are you up so early?"

"I usually wake up around this time to get fresh air. It relaxes me when I'm all by myself peacefully"

"Oh, then.. should I go?", I playfully asked.

"Oh no no! I didn't mean that!", He shot, getting defensive.

To be honest, I was quite taken aback at him suddenly getting so worked up at a simple joke. It made me wonder if something was the matter.

But I shook that thought aside since, even if something was happening, I'm not supposed to be butting into someone else's life.

"Oh! I was just kidding, don't mind that!", I said smiling.

"Is that so? It's fine then."

He shook his head away from me and continued to have his coffee.

For a moment, I felt like I saw his eyes glisten, but it might just be my imagination cuz Sunghoon isn't the type of guy to cry easily, or atleast I think so.

I drank my coffee too, scrolling through my socials.

**After a while**

Author's POV: