13.24

Bai Qi, who had witnessed Gou Chen being buried in the formation, lost control and used brute strength to force his way into the formation. The sharp blade formed by the aura injured him with holes and bloody wounds, but he still struck arbitrarily as if he was not aware of the pain.

  Until the formation collapsed, he was thrown out by the pressure of spiritual energy and smashed into the desert. He was buried in the sand and passed out.

  Gou Chen——

  You come back, this time... I'll let you win.

  ...

  Bai Shangshen has actually been having nightmares since he returned to Yaohuang, and his dreams repeat the painful scenes of the two of them torturing each other.

  Bai Xuanlu stabbed the dagger into his heart and pushed him into the Sword Valley to suffer the pain of Lingchi.

  Bai Xuanlu deceived him and betrayed him, causing him to fall from being the proud son of heaven to the abyss of eternal destruction, being humiliated and spurned by others.

  ...

  Bai Qi forced himself to face the scene in his nightmare, and personally tore open the scabbed old wounds and let them drip with blood, warning himself over and over again not to indulge in the tenderness of Gou Chen.

  He hated him, blamed him, and took his sincerity and kindness to him as a matter of course.

  He enjoyed the humble and self-respecting love of Gou Chen, deliberately tortured him, and obtained twisted satisfaction from it in a morbid way. He thought that one day Gou Chen would no longer love him, but he never thought about his death.

  Bai Qi fell into a coma and fell into a dream again, but this time it was no longer a nightmare. He dreamed of himself and Bai Xuanlu when he was young.

  He was punished by his master for getting into trouble and was punished by copying books. Bai Xuancheng obediently lay beside the table and stayed with him all night, making him happy with a silly smile.

  He knelt down in the rain. Bai Xuancheng secretly held an umbrella for him and took out two pieces of cold rice cakes from his arms and gave them to him.

  When someone said bad things about him, he rushed up to fight with them, causing injuries all over his body.

  ...

  Memories that should have been forgotten long ago gradually became clear in the dream, as if they were still yesterday.

  Bai Qi didn't know how long he was in coma before he woke up. When he woke up, he was lying in a pool of water with ragged clothes and bruises all over his body. His blood dyed the grass and the pool a light red.

  The desert filled with yellow sand and scorching heat disappeared, replaced by an endless dense forest.

  The gloomy sky was dripping with rain, and the cool wind was moistening the earth. The rich spiritual energy made Bai Qi feel dazed for a moment, as if he had returned to the glorious era of the Cultivator Continent. No, it was better than the Yaohuang spiritual energy he was in back then. More abundant.

  The exhausted Bai Shangshen stumbled out of the water, looking around in panic.

  "Gou Chen!!" Bai Qi shouted loudly.

  "Where are you!? Come back—"

  "Gou Chen, I forgive you, I'm not angry anymore, I won't do it anymore, and I won't bully you anymore..."