CHAPTER 31

Yeji's POV

You know, I feel a hint of regret of not getting to know Ryujin better. Back then, I only know the surface of her personality. Turns out, she's more than that. I thought she's only a party maniac who loves to drink and play with girls. I didn't believe it when I found out about her dedication on her study as well.

I'm getting ready for the party at the frat house. I'm expecting a normal party, like the usual one, but maybe they have something else to offer.

"you look good! Oh my god!" Julia said, standing at my door. "look here."

"thank you!" I smiled at her

"thank you!" I smiled at her. "how about my hair? Found it on Pinterest."

"lovely." Julia approached me. "maybe you can put it like this." she proceeds to tidy up my hair a bit. "there."

"thank you, Lia." I smile at her. "it's sad that you can't come along."

"I'm good here. Besides, you'll be with Ryujin, right?" Julia asked, checking me through the mirror.

"yeah." My chest suddenly fluttered. "she'll look amazing, I know."

"aw... you guys are so cute!" Julia chuckles. "good luck!"

-

It's not easy to walk on these heels. I take my time to go to the frat house so I can safely arrive there without spraining an ankle.

I can already see people in their outfit, walking together with their friends. It's a bit awkward for me because I don't even recognize these people, only some of them. They didn't even bat an eye on me.

"oh my god, hi!"

"hey, Yeji!"

"good to see you around, sis!"

Well, that surprised me. I got many greetings when it's a little more crowded. It really got my mood up.

"hey." Someone tapped my back.

"hi!" I smiled brightly, seeing Ryujin in her loose shirt and blouse.

"you look pretty." Ryujin's hand reaches mine to hold. "shall we go inside?"

We both walk together, greeting the people who are invited and probably not. I realized that they still 'care' about our existence. Many are still greeting us with friendly manner.

"Han Ryujin! Long time no see!" someone greeted her and she lets go of my hand almost instantly. "we missed you! let's go over there and say hello." He drags her away just like that.

"sorry!" Ryujin said to me before she's out of my sight.

I can only sigh. I thought this would be our night. I'm a fool for thinking that. of course, her friends will distract her.

"Yeji~!"

I flinched a little when someone grabbed my hand. It's Karina. I am relieved.

"I am a total outsider." I said to her.

"no, you're not! just come with me." Karina drag me away, takes me to the snack and drink section. "you look amazing, by the way."

"thank you." I smiled at her.

"did you come here alone? I heard Ryujin came too." Karina asked as she grabs a cup and filled it with some cocktail.

"I asked her to come. She's with her friend over there. I don't know." I just shrug at it. "what about you? where's Winter?"

"grab a drink and join me. you know, Morris, the birthday boy. I heard he hired some pole dancers." Karina informed.

"oh, really? For public?" my eyes widened, somehow worried. What if Ryujin got distracted by them?

"private. There are three rooms who'll get it. I don't know which one." Karina then asked me to follow her.

"there's my Winter. I wouldn't let her watch those strippers. I'll rip her eyes out." Karina giggles.

"I won't, babe." Winter scoffed.

I joined them and some other people, sitting on the couch. we're just chatting casually until we hear some microphone feedback noises.

"welcome to all the students of Parker's University!!! Make some noise!!" I suppose it's one of the frat boys. He's standing in the middle of the stair deck "okay, okay! chill out for a sec. I know you guys are excited." He chuckles. "today! We'll celebrate the birthday of our member, friend, bestfriend, senior, or whatever you call him. please give applause to... Morris Brighton the Fifth!!!"

Just for the hype of it, I cheer along with the rest. Morris soon come out wearing a king outfit, with the crown and the royal mantle. He proudly wave at us and bows a few times. Just like a typical king would.

"let's bring out the cake!"

-

After all that ceremony, the MC starts another session.

"now... it's not a lot of fun yet. We have something special to give you. for the boys or even girls." he said is a bragging manner. "if you have a card in your hand... or pocket, you may enter three rooms." He looks around. People starts looking for the card.

On the other hand, I'm looking for Ryujin. I swear, if she got the card, I'd leave. Finally, my eyes landed on her who's leaning on a counter with a drink in her hand. That's not the only thing that she holds. She got it.

"among all of you... only fifteen people are chosen! All of you will have the privilege to enter one of these rooms, guarded by our 'knights.' Room one! on your right. room two! On your left. Last but not least, room three! Which is below me, right beside the DJ booth. We'll provide you with some private entertainment."

"you didn't get the card, right?" Karina asked Winter.

"don't even care if I did." Winter shrugs.

"see? words spreads around so fast even before we know it." Karina nudged my arm. "what about us? we didn't get the card."

"don't worry! for you guys who didn't get it, we have another thing for you. feel free to enjoy our amazing band. Drunk in Park!!!"

The excitement is not so different for our university's band. They're famous as well and has a lot of fans, even outside the campus. Sohee is in it.

"let's go watch them." Karina said to me as she stands up and grabs my hand.

My eyes are stuck to Ryujin. She's still staring at the card, as if contemplating. Then, she looks to her right, where the assigned room is. my heart stings when she walks over and enter the room. even if it's false about the pole dancers, it's fucking annoying that she didn't even look for me.

"well! Without wasting any time, I'll let you guys have a good night. Enjoy!!!"