Death Spiral Smackdown

Riley's P.O.V

"Prepare yourselves, dingoes! It's time for my annual fitness challenge week! This year, forget about push-ups and sit-ups. It's time for bruises, sprains, and freak accidents! I present the Death Spiral Smackdown!" Perry announced, clicking a button on the remort she was holding, which made the cloth covering the platform, fly off. Smoke came out from the platform making a few students step back, including Adam, Leo, and I.

"Say what you want about her, but she knows how to bring the sizzle, " Adam said smiling.

"Why do you call it the Death Spira? I mean... Doesn't look so scary to me." Leo said unfazed.

"Why don't I have Vice Principal Cochran demonstrate for you?" Perry said, pulling the vice principal onto the platform. Then she pressed a different button, which made the spiral go faster and faster, eventually making the vice principal fly off and land on some chairs in the gym.

Perry laughed as Adama and I winced. "It's not broken! Walk it off!" Perry yelled.

Adam goes over to her. "Wait, so how does it work?" He asked.

"You wrestle your opponent as it spins you silly. It'll test your strength, reflexes, and ability to hold your bladder against centrifugal force! Ha ha ha!" Perry laughed.

I made a disgusting face. "Did not need to know that part."

"What do you think, Leo? Can you handle it?" Gordo, one of Leo's friends asked walking up to him.

"Well, my bladder's strong, but just to be safe, I'm sticking to dark gym shorts." Leo points out.

"I myself will be wearing a full-body diaper. In the face of fear, you'll never know where you're gonna leak from." Gordo explained. Leo gives him a strange look.

"If you have the guts, partner up, and choose carefully. Your survival depends on the decision you make, and there are very few good options! Ha ha ha ha ha!" Perry said amused with herself.

"Well, Leo, every year we lose the fitness challenge, but this year, we're gonna do it in style," Gorod said pulling out an extra green cape. "I don't want to brag, but...I totally earned the Sewng Merit badge."

"Listen, Gordo, I don't want to have a cape. I want to be a winner, so this year, we're going in a different direction." Leo told him.

"We are?" Gordo asked confused.

"Yes. But by 'we', I mean not you. I'm going with someone else." Leo explained, handing back the cape.

"Oh. I see. That's okay because most of the school would give their right hand to be my partner." Gordo said. He turned to look at a group of guys who quickly turned away. "Riley?" He asked looking at me holding out the cape.

I shook my head." Sorry little man. No offense but you kinda creep me out." I simply said. He just shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm sorry, Gordo, but with my new partner, I'm gonna win this thing," Leo said feeling all too confident.

Perry overhears the conversation and snickers over to us. "You're gonna try this again? Last year you threw your back out picking your wedgie! Ha ha ha!"

I lightly nodded. "She got a point."

"Well, this year's gonna be different because I have a secret weapon," Leo said and stood next to Adam.

"Oh, what is it?" Adam asked not getting that the weapon was him.

"You." Leo simply said.

"Ah, that is a good secret. I didn't even know about it." Adam exclaimed. Once again I shook my head.